Please Help. Blood needed

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I donated at the Iloilo Red Cross and it took them 3 days to figure out how to transfer the blood to Cebu! 

This I find incredible Red Cross is the recognized transporter of Blood anywhere in the World.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Put me on the skeptical side. There's no paid blood donor locally??

And he's paying flight and 2 weeks accom?? For one pint of blood?

And the hospital will discharge him if no donor.?

Nah. He could be transferred to a bigger hospital if he has that kind of money.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, chris49 said:

There's no paid blood donor locally??

I can believe it, if its a rare type.

36 minutes ago, chris49 said:

And he's paying flight and 2 weeks accom?? For one pint of blood?

If he is really desperate, and two weeks? It might mean for the donor to stay there and give several times, who knows.

37 minutes ago, chris49 said:

And the hospital will discharge him if no donor.?

Now this I CAN believe.

38 minutes ago, chris49 said:

He could be transferred to a bigger hospital

Probably just run into the same problems if no blood available. 

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK. WHY is the blood needed? Actual WHOLE BLOOD or just packed cells? What is the diagnoses? If it is a volume issue, there are expanders which work well.

What is the actual H&H ratio? Easily found on the blood test results sheet. That H&H will tell a lot. Perhaps 6% of the white population has this type 0-. Less than 1% of Asians.

However.... the Red Cross should have a donor list, country wide of known 0- donors. Standard thing. Those that work in blood banks have lists and plans to cover this very issue and should be able to handle it especially if there is a willing person to pay....

As for being a skeptic, I will wait until my questions go unanswered..... Easy questions to answer.

Sorry A+.        

Edited by Bruce
typo
  • Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

If he is really desperate, and two weeks? It might mean for the donor to stay there and give several times, who knows.

It is limited isn't it? Once a month.

chris49
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Bruce said:

OK. WHY is the blood needed? Actual WHOLE BLOOD or just packed cells? What is the diagnoses? If it is a volume issue, there are expanders which work well.

What is the actual H&H ratio? Easily found on the blood test results sheet. That H&H will tell a lot. Perhaps 6% of the white population has this type 0-. Less than 1% of Asians.

However.... the Red Cross should have a donor list, country wide of known 0- donors. Standard thing. Those that work in blood banks have lists and plans to cover this very issue and should be able to handle it especially if there is a willing person to pay....

As for being a skeptic, I will wait until my questions go unanswered..... Easy questions to answer.

Sorry A+.        

I'm with Bruce on this.

There are so many different scenarios. But I would think standing in the middle of town waving a few 1000 notes would attract enough donors.

Also. When blood is need urgently from a blood bank. The blood bank releases the blood on terms of payment or replacement. It's hard to believe they don't have any.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, chris49 said:

It is limited isn't it? Once a month.

**You must wait at least eight weeks (56 days) between donations of whole bloodand 16 weeks (112 days) between double red cell donations. Platelet apheresisdonors may give every 7 days up to 24 times per year. Regulations are different for those giving blood for themselves (autologous donors).**

Taken from the redcross Journal

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Guy's I hope this is a genuine plea for help, but please note "Rose" stated 2 day's not 2 Weeks accommodation!

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Guy's I hope this is a genuine plea for help, but please note "Rose" stated 2 day's not 2 Weeks accommodation!

Please note from post #1 "he will pay , specially with the flight and 2 days hotel and fetch him from the airport. and can extend and can extend stay in beachfront apartment in cebu for 2 weeks or so after all done in IloIlo." and from post #8 he owns the place in North Cebu he is offering for 2 weeks.

Also of interest the OP lists her own Blood Type as O- also, and the link to AirBnB I suppose for the North Cebu property of his has a picture and names of two other females, no guy listed. 

Maybe some of us are just too ready to spot a scam and inconsistencies like these make us suspicious too quickly when all we are seeing is a language translation error - or we are correct.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

inconsistencies like these make us suspicious too quickly when all we are seeing is a language translation error -

Sorry G&G's but i am still not totally buying this. IF this gentleman is well enough to send messages and such to this new Lady member, he is certainly to be well enough to do his own Posts and stop this  language translation error -

JMVHO

• Like 4