Duterte aligns Philippines with China, says U.S. has lost

David B
Posted
Posted

There is not a snowballs chance in hell that Trump will win the election. Does the media in PI allow or promote the idea that he might? Duterte's drug problem is created mainly by the Chinese. He is playing between a rock and a hard place. 

• Like 1

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, David B said:

There is not a snowballs chance in hell that Trump will win the election. Does the media in PI allow or promote the idea that he might? Duterte's drug problem is created mainly by the Chinese. He is playing between a rock and a hard place. 

Dave, agreed. I am a life long Repub that voted for HRC.....sometimes country trumps (no pun intended)ideology.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Guys

Do not change the topic to American politics.

Read the rules.

• Like 3

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do not change the topic to American politics.

JGF, with all due respect, this entire thread is about American and Philippine politics!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mr. Bobo said:

JGF, with all due respect, this entire thread is about American and Philippine politics!

Its not about who one will vote for or who will win the American election. Once we head into that area you can be sure that someone will get cheesed off. 

• Like 4

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Notice I don't mention names! 

You can fill in the blank however you wish.

Well Bow00, First of all none of what you have stated is true. Why it is true, that the sheep follow the ram-ette. Not all  of them do. He will get a fair share of those folks you have mentioned. I'm now here in the alleys and back roads of the US. I'm very active in the politics here. There are people voting that never have and never would have, if things hadn't gone so bad. They are angry! Those folks will more than compensate for those who don't like the other side. 

I am all over the place and I see and hear what is really going on. Being a a former government employee I have friends from all walks of life and cultures. 

It comes down Economy and security, who can get them and their families jobs. Who can protect them. I don't know what kind of information you get there in Hawaii, but I don't imagine it's what I have here.

So don't believe what you are  fed by certain folks wanting to entrench  the old ways deeper. 

There is a storm brewing, you can feel the electrical charge in the air. Million of yard signs point in one direction! Millions of unemployed and unsatisfied! 

A change is coming, so sit back and watch, one in a lifetime event! 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The upcoming US elections are very decisive many have strong feelings one way or the other. So please take those comments to chatter box. Lets keep US election comments out of this one.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well I have a lot of Filipino friends on Facebook and have seen this stupid story making the rounds (it is Rappler so consider the insipid source).  It seems America is to blame for ALL the PIs problems because we killed so many civilians while freeing Manila from the Japanese.  I should probably stay off the public discourses but had to ask them if they wanted us to leave the Japanese here instead? And Germany (most of Europe) looked pretty well blown up at the end of the war - but they managed to rebuild without blaming anyone. 

Then someone else came in and said the US purposely moved the war from Hawaii to the Philippines to protect Hawaii... as if the war was ever in Hawaii, other than the attack on Pearl.  Who knew we had the power to move the Japanese from Hawaii to the Philippines... Who teaches them their history?  But the anti-American rhetoric has been building up.

These are the same friends that dream of the communist paradise that is Cuba and want the same here.  Duterte is just the man to give it to them ha ha :tiphat:

http://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/82850-americans-destroyed-manila-1945

• Like 3

DonJuanMatus
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/22/2016 at 7:02 AM, Old55 said:

I was to visit my family in Cebu late March. We ordered my airline tickets Wednesday from a ticket agent friend. Wife messaged me this morning at work saying "I don't want you to go"

She thinks it's unsafe now as so many Filipinos are fanatical to do with what the President is saying about USA. A number of Filipino American friends here are getting blowback from friends and even family back in da Philippines how America is evil and bad.

I can't figure out how to not quote someone.  I wish the UI was different.  I shouldn't be able to modify Old55 quotes, or make up entirely new ones

Edited by DonJuanMatus

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic