Duterte aligns Philippines with China, says U.S. has lost

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The majority of us writing here are expats and we cannot help but have certain biases in our opinions.    I would love to hear comments from Philippine citizens, especially those who have spent time in the USA.  My question to those willing to respond; "What type of relationship between the Philippines and the USA do you personally feel would be of the most benefit to the Philippines?"  JGF - feel free to use this to start a new thread if you think that is best.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

There is a lot of assumption here on a Trump victory which the current polls say is lost.  My take on this election is that is nothing more than a mud throwing fight by both sides.  The US economy has 3 telephone numbers of National debt and you hear nothing from the 2 participants as to what they will do to fix the problem (which I think is probably unfixable).  Few policies released or positive speaking from either candidate.

RBM just back from 2 weeks in Phils and watched a lot of news relating to Duterte's first 100 days and mostly positive and he continues to hold huge public support.  Your analysis of his reasons for China/Russia thing is very feasible and I had not considered that possibility, but certainly likely.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I would love to hear comments from Philippine citizens, especially those who have spent time in the USA.

A friend here who lived in the U.S. for a year, several years ago, is the only person I know who is anti-Duterte.  So my polling size is 1!  :hystery:

He is very pro-military, both PH and US military, and his son is in the military academy here.  He also make part of his living from the U.S. military here.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I would love to hear comments from Philippine citizens, especially those who have spent time in the USA.

I asked a Couple of Friends recently their thoughts. One couple are going Back ( To the States)  the other couple will not return to the PI Until they can be sure of What they are coming back To. This I think will be uppermost for a Filipino, What is in it for them but that is normal, Yes? 

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I would love to hear comments from Philippine citizens

I talk to a bunch of old codgers, all either are retired US navy or have children in the states. At first they were all pro Du30 for cleaning up the drugs, now they are having buyers remorse.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Unfortunately many will not say a thing, especially Against the President. "Loose Tongues" & Walls have ears" comes to mind.

With the current tone of things I get a feeling any local that has spent time in the US & back bites the President and gets heard, may well (they may think) get Tared  so to Speak. It is then no wonder, that we get so mixed feelings from the Filipino's either just in the US or OFW's. I often wonder if those people think along the similar lines as some US Members and others, Time to go home before we get kicked out ( Which BTW I don't think will ever happen)

Just my Thoughts G &G's

• Like 5

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted

If DU30 thinks that drugs are the root cause of the all the problems with the Philippines he is delusional. The problems with the Philippines go much deeper. If you were to eliminate all the drugs pushers and drug users in the country you would probably see a slight drop in crime but the country would still be a 3rd world s-hole. Corruption at all levels of government is the real problem along with the laziness of the Philippine people themselves. I don't know whether the education system is a fault, but let's face the facts, most Filipinas are mentally challenged, maybe it is a genetic thing, I don't know. I have a studio apartment about 50km from my house where I go when I know that there is going to be all day blackout in my city.The place was broken into a couple of weeks ago and the landlady had a locksmith replaced the lock. I went there yesterday with the new key and the door opened fine, so far so good. I then attempted to lock the door from the inside and the key would not turn. The boneheaded locksmith who installed the new lock never tested to see if the lock could be locked from the inside! What a moron! This type of thing would never happen in a western country. There is no hope for this country. People buy dogs and then refuse to feed them. The dogs will bark all day and night because they are hungry. The Filipina could care less if his neighbor doesn't get any sleep because of the barking dog. I posted a thread on another forum about barking dogs not being fed and a few people said "oh that a cultural thing" learn to live with it! BS, it is plain rude and would never happen in a "civilized" country. One call to the police and the problem would be solved. Filipina people have total disregard for their neighbors and think nothing of singing off key Karaoke songs at 3 am at maximum volume. Oh, that's another "cultural thing" according to another forum. BS, again it's is plain rude. In America one phone call to the police and the music will stop, end of story. The fact that the Philippine people elected DU30 is proof of how mentally challenged they really are. As soon as the domestic adoption of my daughter is finalized (it's been in the works for three years know) I am out of here. I will be leaving a very large and expensive house behind but since I am 15 years older than my wife, she can make use of the house after I die in America. I think that all the expats that call this place "paradise" are the ones that are on drugs. It is and it will always be a 3rd world s-hole regardless of who is in power unless the Philippine people themselves change and I seriously doubt that.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic