Duterte aligns Philippines with China, says U.S. has lost

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Old55 said:

Filipinos are going at each other on Facebook now big time. Those living in Philippines and those in the States who lived in or near Davo on one side mostly Filipino Americans on the other. It's ugly.

My gut feeling is that 95% of the population has either love or at least tolerance for America. Problem that I see is Duterte has a natural talent for inspiring a mob mentality. Wouldn't take much for him to inspire violence against Americans or Westerners in country. Notice the timing of the anti-America protests at the embassy and in Cebu? Perfectly timed with his Chinese visit.

The wife and I had planned on taking the plunge and buying a home in Cebu next spring. After Duterte's ravings this last week she's now a definite NO - not until Duterte is gone. And she's the Filipino... I think I'd feel perfectly safe; she said "yeah you would, till the mob came for you". 

I pray she is horribly wrong, but she has seen first hand the anti-Colonial backlash before. Only time will tell.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Coffeehound said:

"yeah you would, till the mob came for you". 

You will get this while there is In-Fighting but when the "lunatics take over the Asylum":bonk: it gets quickly quelled but then, is he orchestrating his beloved 'Marshal Law' he so Favours? The Provinces are less quick to  rise to the bait. For all the Gusto, We (They) still Don't wear helmets on M/C's and drive in open toed Slippers. by the time any laws reach way down here ( that Locals will adhere to) are tried to be implemented he will be out of Office :89:

Jack:popcorn:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

when the "lunatics take over the Asylum":bonk: 

Talking to my nephew not long ago, he said something I don't think many, if any, have even Considered :89:

If he goes to Martial Law he will still have his say & be in Control BUT what if he upsets too many Indigenous people with Clout (Those with Power & Money)  Especially Senior Military Personnel which he may well do, what would he do if it went to a Total Military Coupe where he loses everything. Stranger and not so strange things have happened over the Years....................:huh: Even a snail will turn my ole Granddad used to say, when they have had enough, they find teeth from somewhere.

• Like 3

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I think Deterte Is paving two roads. This leaves his options open. I think he is smarter than most give him credit for. 

He knows the American elections will soon be over. With that in mind, he knows that America's current administration has been very slow in intercede and toss dollars towards the Philippines. 

He knows that Trump and himself have been compared to one another, he's not sure but he is betting they are like minded in they don't take any Sh...t.

He is already aware of Hillary's policies from her past visit. He understands she hasn't done much for the Philippines. Even as Secretary of state all the Philippines got was lips service.

So he steps over to China, whispers sweet nothings in their ear, figures he has nothing left to lose because no one is really stepping up on the Island building thing. 

So he gets the ball rolling with China, not too fast because in truth he wants to see what happens with the US elections. 

If Trump wins, he figure he'll give Trump a chance to flex some muscle and slid some dollars overseas. 

If Hillary win, he figures same oh same oh from her!

His ace in the hole is Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia. The state department and many others will be concerned that these other countries might see China has a good deal if Philippines gets treated well. That scares the heck out of the US, they don't want to lose their position in that area of the world. 

So it all kind of puts Deterte in the drivers seat, making him the most powerful leader in the group because he has created leverage. He becomes revered and attended to by world class leaders.

If Trump wins, there is no doubt in my mind the US will treat the Philippines with world class attention.

Trump will speak to Deturte and they will have a great relationship. 

Philippines will now be the key to stabilizing the whole area. Checkmate! 

• Like 5

Mr. Bobo
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, WordsandMusic said:

He becomes revered and attended to by world class leaders.

Surely you jest!:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Here is what I'll do, all in fun of course. In one year, If Deturte isn't being romanced by the US, assuming Trump wins, I'll by you a case of your favorite Beer! 

But if it all goes the way I think it will, you can buy me a case of beer! 

What say you?

I never Jest! Just Predict!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In one year, If Deturte isn't being romanced by the US, assuming Trump wins, I'll by you a case of your favorite Beer! 

That is if he is still alive of course no Doubt.

I never Jest! Just Predict!

Hmmmmmm to me, predicting things we no so little of, can be as bad as assuming, I think both are so wrong where this man is concerned. His back peddling is well known Common knowledge. It is his Forward motion that should be of Concern, he certainly is playing the Right hand against the left Bad, Bad I say, his people are confused enough. That is if he can remember who his people Are.:whistling: 

JMHO

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 22/10/2016 at 10:44 AM, OnMyWay said:

Play Ball !  :popcorn:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Wow ,After reading all these post, i am so glad i am on hold in what our future plans are ,

bows00
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, WordsandMusic said:

Here is what I'll do, all in fun of course. In one year, If Deturte isn't being romanced by the US, assuming Trump wins, I'll by you a case of your favorite Beer! 

I'll give you all a beer if Trump wins.  My opinion only, and I'm a Republican by nature.  How can you win when you are hated by women, blacks, hispanics, and muslims?

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic