HALSEMA HIGHWAY

RBM
Posted
Posted

thanks all for this info, local hands on is always best.

Our bike is a XTZ Tenere 1200 and quite capable of doing the trip from what I have read. How ever would i enjoy riding with luggage doing detours on rocky side roads on this 250 kg machine, no not now.

We decided to do just Southern Luzon at this time, via Leyte Samar to Legaspi and Naga. I am pretty familiar here but my SO never experienced this area, she will get a lot out of it. So much to do and see around Mt Mayon.

As one poster suggested wait until we have a few weeks dry weather before going North. One of the highlights of the original planned trip  was Kennon Rd and the halsema highway which maybe in doubt or difficult. 

Always another day.........

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Agree. The entire north is a separate trip with a day or more to get all the way up and similar to get back.

Also can be extremely cold in those mountain areas above Baguio. You might need additional warm clothes gloves and hats. And a fireplace wherever you are sleeping.

Summer time is also high tourist time around Baguio. Jan-Feb-March might be ok before school gets out.