Duterte's Intentions

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, robert k said:

I think Americans will flock to the Philippines so they can feel morally superior.

You mean we aren't :Caught:

:crack-up:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, scott h said:

You mean we aren't :Caught:

:crack-up:

Only some, too many really. I mean what with all those people held a Guantanamo without due process and executing people by predator drone in foreign lands with no due process? But it's ok when we do it, right?

Not saying I wouldn't do worse! I just would not be throwing stones because my house would be wholly made out of glass.:thumbsup:

Edited by robert k
  • Like 5

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That's easy for you to say, last night I was at the Hawaiian BBQ place in the IT park, now i'm Aussie but everyone thinks we are all American but anyway this place is rather crowded with young Filipinos, within 5 minutes of sitting down about 4 guys and 2 girls jumped me yelling American, l got off the floor after they walked away and took my seat just as my food arrived, waiter spat in my food and said American. My beer arrives but only half of it as the rest was poured over my head while another waiter said American.

Not hard to tell a story and now hopefully I can buy a cheap mansion that some escaping expats is giving away.

Now to the truth, sitting in this BBQ place not one person batted an eyelid, nobody cared I was a foreigner and been the same every where I've been over the past 5 weeks.

You had me in a state of shock for a second there! 

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have asked a few of my American friends here if they have noticed any change in peoples attitude and they have said no. I have had no animosity shown to me either. I may not be an American but the locals assume we are all.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I usually get smiles from Filipinos, especially the Filipina variety. It is the other Americans that look at me like they couldn't care less or want me to go away (like they are protecting their turf or something).

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I usually get smiles from Filipinos, especially the Filipina variety. 

Oh lucky you, guess your a great Looker? 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I usually get smiles from Filipinos, especially the Filipina variety. It is the other Americans that look at me like they couldn't care less or want me to go away (like they are protecting their turf or something).

A smile or a smirk?

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Oh lucky you, guess your a great Looker? 

Pretty sure it's NOT because I'm a great looker, more like give a smile, get a smile back. :SugarwareZ-005:

2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

A smile or a smirk?

Ummm, yup a smile. :shades:

• Like 3