Pangit
Posted
Posted

Folks, due to $ concerns I have not been able to extend my visa now for 3 months.

Do you folks see any issues when I finally front up to the BI office here in Davao?

I know there will be a fine, thats why I cannot go there yet, My Mrs and I dont have a piso to rub together.

I stress everytime I hear a car outside, maybe it is BI coming to get me.

Thoughts???

Pangit
Posted
Posted

Scary as f....

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

We all set priorities in life.  If you are sitting home watching tv instead of pawning the tv to pay your BI fees then that is up to you.  For me, if money is coming in the near future I would lay low and go to BI as soon as the money arrives.  There will be a fine, of course, but I cannot think of anyone who has suffered dire consequences when they are up to 6 months late.  Just a lecture and a bad mark on your permanent record and a fine to pay.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont think they will be comming to get you but best to sort it out quickly. 

Fine for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 per month
Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 + Php 10.00 (LRF)
Re-issuance of ACR for (2nd entry of every entry after 59 days) – Php 250 [for minors: Php 150]
Application fee is only Php 300.00 for overstaying

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Pangit
Posted
Posted

Thanks mate.

I have been offered a job in Korea, so money IS coming soon, actually an advance is coming soon.

i overstayed previously for two months and it cost me 10,000.

I think I am agoraphobic, I dont like going outside.

• Like 1

johnbarley
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2016 at 9:24 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont think they will be comming to get you but best to sort it out quickly. 

Fine for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 per month
Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 + Php 10.00 (LRF)
Re-issuance of ACR for (2nd entry of every entry after 59 days) – Php 250 [for minors: Php 150]
Application fee is only Php 300.00 for overstaying

If you do end up overstaying, can a travel agency work out all these fines when they extend your visa or do you have to visit the immigration office in person?

robert k
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, johnbarley said:

If you do end up overstaying, can a travel agency work out all these fines when they extend your visa or do you have to visit the immigration office in person?

The Philippines can be lax at times but if I were the Immigration officer I would want to see the body if we were talking a long overstay, unless you were in the hospital.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

The Philippines can be lax at times but if I were the Immigration officer I would want to see the body if we were talking a long overstay, unless you were in the hospital.

I have posted this before but when our Good friend and member "Nutz2utoo" was so very ill only his wife could do the extension, I believe that Agencies are not permitted to do extensions when an overstay is involved. As usual YMMV

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
roddavis
Posted
Posted
On 11/1/2016 at 10:46 PM, Pangit said:

Folks, due to $ concerns I have not been able to extend my visa now for 3 months.

Do you folks see any issues when I finally front up to the BI office here in Davao?

I know there will be a fine, thats why I cannot go there yet, My Mrs and I dont have a piso to rub together.

I stress everytime I hear a car outside, maybe it is BI coming to get me.

Thoughts???

Got kinda update on overstay. Myself 5 months ower Son 7 months. Didn't think would be issue. Thought maybe pay P500 per moth as per above for each month over due plus the extension fee. Figured it would be . P32,000 for the both of us. Well I was a little wrong! Seems there is a magic date of 6 months overstay! After that, you have to file additional papers with photos, lawyer to verify, letter to commissioner to give reasons why the overstay(medical in my case), then the papers are to be forwarded to Manila for approval, possible trip to appear in person in manila, and possible additional fines, and possible blacklist and/or deportation. Looks like this is going to be a long day at BI. Already in the 3rd hour. Checked online (google) blacklist if you refuse to pay, or play the ugly american(complain and fight). Our papers were put on the bottom of the pile. Was talking with one of the Immigration guys on break. He met with us out in one of the cafes. I knew this was going to be an under the table deal coming . Since this could take days and possible travel to Manila, sat and talked with him. The Government charge was P35,000. But to get it done today was going to double my costs. Luckily I had enough on hand, but took all I had. He came back and wanted an additional P5,000. I said sure if you put it on a card! I knew he wouldn't, because it would leave a paper trail.

So got passport visa's up to date and home we go. If you are in Overstay, the lesson is, do not go beyond 6 months!

• Like 1