US Elections

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Nephi said:

I thought Canada has or had free midecal for people there. Never heard much about it other than they had some form of Govt medical.

Nope.  Only some parts of Canada and only for some medical treatments and only for some people.  But it sure sounds good in the newspapers.

For example; in BC Canada the average family pays $150 a month health care premium and there is a LOT that does not cover.  Its subsidized for low income families though, so thats a plus if you have less than CDN$22K a year income.

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Nephi said:

I thought Canada has or had free midical for people there. Never heard much about it other than they had some form of Govt medical.

They provide a basic health care but anything above the basic is payable and that's if you can wait long enough for treatment. My Canadian girlfriend has had many a battle over the years for treatment. 

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Nope.  Only some parts of Canada and only for some medical treatments and only for some people.  But it sure sounds good in the newspapers.

For example; in BC Canada the average family pays $150 a month health care premium and there is a LOT that does not cover.  Its subsidized for low income families though, so thats a plus if you have less than CDN$22K a year income.

Yea for low income that's pretty good. I have a Cadanian friend living here and he told me that is lost 25% of his Social Security per year because he lives outside of Canada. Lousy deal except he turned 70 or 71 this year and they no longer do that. That's a big loss though if living only on that retirement.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think in large part Hillary did it to herself when she called anyone who would vote for Trump deplorable, her people picked up on it and it was heard several times each day. I know if I considered myself to be one of the people called deplorable, I wouldn't want the one who called me that to govern me for 4 years.

Edited by robert k
capitalize first letter in name
  • Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted

I didn't reread all the posts here but someone had said the Canada immigration site is down due to over-flow of people in the US looking for information. I took that post as a tongue in cheek joke. Fact is, it's true. I was shocked to find This Article on CNN just a few minutes ago. I just pray these people don't find the Philippines. If they do, we are all gonna end up living somewhere in Africa where life "might" be affordable!

(source: CNN)

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Nephi said:

I didn't reread all the posts here but someone had said the Canada immigration site is down due to over-flow of people in the US looking for information. I took that post as a tongue in cheek joke. Fact is, it's true. I was shocked to find This Article on CNN just a few minutes ago. I just pray these people don't find the Philippines. If they do, we are all gonna end up living somewhere in Africa where life "might" be affordable!

(source: CNN)

I read the Mexican immigration site is perfectly fine though.

From what I have seen it would be cheap to live in W. Africa, guy had a big apartment for $35 USD a month, not much else to recommend it that I saw though. Might be wonderful people though, you don't know until you meet them.

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, robert k said:

I read the Mexican immigration site is perfectly fine though.

From what I have seen it would be cheap to live in W. Africa, guy had a big apartment for $35 USD a month, not much else to recommend it that I saw though. Might be wonderful people though, you don't know until you meet them.

I guess Africa might be okay and I could adapt to most anything. But many of us, including me, have a wife and children that I could not and would not leave even if the threat was unto death. Hopefully,things will work out back in the Us and who knows, Maybe Trump is  the anwser to many of the problem and issues. Time will tell..

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly it's not all sunshine and rainbows in Canada either. I had the pleasure of living in Western Canada for a few years. Fantastic people but their health service sucks. 

"Canada health service" is not the best in the world. Out of 190 countries, Canada is 30 with 29 countries having better health care and 160 countries having worse health care according to WHO.

http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian-health-care-information/world-health-organizations-ranking-of-the-worlds-health-systems/

Canada ranked at 30 is the average across Canada, as Dave stated the provinces have their own health insurance. Ontario does not have a monthly premium and 99.999% is covered and wait times are minimal as most doctors prefer to work in Ontario.

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 2

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

At the time of writing it's looking like the Trump has stuck his fingers up at the media. The dollar is slipping and the Asian markets falling also. There's even rumours that Clinton has escaped to Brazil and asked for sanctuary :mocking:. The thing I want to know is with a population near 319 million, how did Trump and Clinton come out as the two people selected to represent the USA on the World Stage?

Trump entered the campaign as an outside businessman promising to put "America First". That had tremendous appeal to blue collar workers who lost their jobs every time an American factory moved to China or Mexico. He beat 17 Republican challengers in the Primary by hammering on "Carrier Air Conditioner" and "Ford" for moving factories to Mexico. In the general election he called Clinton an extension of the Obama presidency (1%-2% growth for 8 years). He got a boost when Wikileaks emails revealed that Hillary was enriching herself ($250m) while Secretary of State and because the Emails showed that the Democratic Primary was rigged. The final straw was when 2017 Obamacare premiums rose an average of 25%. Arizona premiums went up  116% in 2017. Premiums for a family of 4 now cost more that most peoples home mortgage and that's with a $12,000 deductible. Remember Obama promised a $2,500 annual savings for most Americans when he passed his health care bill.  

• Like 1