US Elections

robert k
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Nephi said:

I guess Africa might be okay and I could adapt to most anything. But many of us, including me, have a wife and children that I could not and would not leave even if the threat was unto death. Hopefully,things will work out back in the Us and who knows, Maybe Trump is  the anwser to many of the problem and issues. Time will tell..

My understanding of W. Africa is it's dry. That being the case I may as well live in drought stricken Texas or better yet, rural Florida as I could get rain and visit the beach sometimes.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

Trump entered the campaign as an outside businessman promising to put "America First". That had tremendous appeal to blue collar workers who lost their jobs every time an American factory moved to China or Mexico. He beat 17 Republican challengers in the Primary by hammering on "Carrier Air Conditioner" and "Ford" for moving factories to Mexico. In the general election he called Clinton an extension of the Obama presidency (1%-2% growth for 8 years). He got a boost when Wikileaks emails revealed that Hillary was enriching herself ($250m) while Secretary of State and because the Emails showed that the Democratic Primary was rigged. The final straw was when 2017 Obamacare premiums rose an average of 25%. Arizona premiums went up  116% in 2017. Premiums for a family of 4 now cost more that most peoples home mortgage and that's with a $12,000 deductible. Remember Obama promised a $2,500 annual savings for most Americans when he passed his health care bill.  

I know, I just paid the penalty for not having insurance as it was cheaper, when I lived in the US.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Man, didn't see this coming.  I previously posted I didn't think he had a chance, but I guess the US just wants a change from the Obama administration - and from Obamacare.  

I'm getting ready to buy a lot of stocks tomorrow - the market does not like uncertainty and will undergo a significant drop (maybe 5%?).  

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

This has been building for a long time. Wages for College graduates are lower today than they were 15 years ago. We have 45m people on Food Stamps and a reported 94m working age people are listed as out of the work force. Obamacare is nothing more than income redistribution. Free healthcare for the poor paid for by working people making more than $40,000 a year. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/02/low-college-grads-salary_n_7484204.html

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Look out Canada 

america.jpg

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I always have a chuckle when health care comes up. Every first world country has expensive health care and everyone complains about the cost or how its funded. Its not cheap to have good equipped hospitals and the many staff to run them but you have a better chance of survival compared to other places.

If a government had to fund the whole system and give free health care or cheap I would imagine the next complaint is the roads are falling apart because there is no money to keep them in good condition.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am just glad that when  I lived in the US I was lucky enough to have the Veterans Hospital.  When Bush 43 allowed them to start billing our private insurance for service related issues I cancelled my heath insurance and used the VA only.  The Dallas, Texas VAMC is great.  I wish the rest of the country had as good a hospital option.  And all taxpayer funded. :tiphat:

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

Voted for Trump, but did not really think he had a chance to win.  Obviously, most if not all of the polls were very flawed.  I loved watching our television station reporters and stations throughout the night, which were obviously very biased to the left, have to actually report that Trump had a very GOOD chance of winning the election.  This country is even more divided than during Obama's first election in 2008.  I hope and pray and BELIEVE Trump WILL deliver on his promises and make the USA great again!  

• Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, BobP said:

Voted for Trump, but did not really think he had a chance to win.  Obviously, most if not all of the polls were very flawed.  I loved watching our television station reporters and stations throughout the night, which were obviously very biased to the left, have to actually report that Trump had a very GOOD chance of winning the election.  This country is even more divided than during Obama's first election in 2008.  I hope and pray and BELIEVE Trump WILL deliver on his promises and make the USA great again!  

Amen Bob,

The very first leaders of our country had no expeience or even ideas to fall back on. But through horribly hard times they made it work. Now it 2016 the people have spoken and hopefully will undo and repair the damage of the past eight years so as to see a difference for the better in America. If not, God only know what will happen next..

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I went to bed early thinking that Hillary would probably win, but that Trump had a slim chance to pull an upset. I woke up to find out that not only did Trump win but that the Republicans also now control both the House of Representatives and also the Senate. That just tells you how frustrated average Americans are with the Political Elites from both parties. All of the trade deals made in the last 25 years seem to benefit wealthy business owners and do nothing for the average worker. 

• Like 1