Palawan Underground River

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, I have started making video's of my adventures in the Philippines. Enjoy -

• Like 5

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Nice. I'd go with a different soundtrack though, or just the actual background sounds.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I assume the trip requires one or two nights stay in Palawan. How difficult is it to get admission tickets for the Palawan Underground River? My understanding is there are a limited number of admissions per day.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

I assume the trip requires one or two nights stay in Palawan. How difficult is it to get admission tickets for the Palawan Underground River? My understanding is there are a limited number of admissions per day.

We just asked the hotel to make the arrangements. You need to ask a few days in advance just to make sure you can get the admission permit.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the music arrangement feedback -

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

We were there for 2 nights, on account our previous filming project fell through because of bad weather in south Cebu. However, saying that - our hotel was really good, they arranged everything within a couple of hours, and the next day a V-Hire picked us up and dropped us back to hotel. One thing I did not realise was how far the attraction is from the city. Took us just over 2 hours to get to the jump off point, where you then take another small motor boat to the jungle entry, and walk another 400 metres to the landing area where the out-riggers take you through the river. All in all, very well organised. However, you need someone to be your advocate to find your place in line. So a good guide is necessary to make the trip go smoothly.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I just bought a pass at my B&B and went. boat took us out we did the paddle trip, no fuss. It really is an impressive cave.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I thought it was well worth the trip -

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I had planned on putting the underwater river trip in Palawan on my "To Do List". After reading some of the comments, I'll drop the plan.

Too much of a hassle to fly to Manila, then to Palawan and stay 2 days just for the long hike and short trip down river.

We're going to Hong Kong after school lets out in 2017. Shopping, dining and Disneyland are in our plans.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

It is not bad if your based in Cebu. Only took us just over an hour from Cebu to Palawan airport.

• Like 1