Returning Product (RMA) via UPS

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

G'day!

I received a product shipment via FedEx from a US company based in NY.  They are 2 "Qubie" LED lights @ $20/ea with $7.50 4-5 business day delivery.  Since they were considered photography equipment, I had to pay a 560 PHP customs fee upon delivery.  Unfortunately, both products were DOA upon receiving.  Neither will charge, most likely from bad LIPO batteries.

I contacted the company for exhange and they send me RMA and UPS label to cover cost for shipping.  The problem is that I live in Cabanatuan which is about 4-5 hour drive from Metro Manila.  I've been trying to find local courier that supports UPS, but no luck yet.  Anyone outside of Metro Manila ever used UPS for shipping?

As last resort, I'm wondering if I could send to UPS office in Metro Manila using LBC.  The company is offering to reimburse me up to $40 for return shipment fees of the product.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think you are stuffed but someone might know better. 

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

If you have tried to turn the light on while connected to the charger and it didn't work I would suspect the power control board.

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
On 11/18/2016 at 1:32 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think you are stuffed but someone might know better. 

I try to use Lazada to purchase small or urgent items, but they don't always have what I need.  If it can wait, I have family members in US buy big ticket items and ship via balikbayan box.

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, robert k said:

If you have tried to turn the light on while connected to the charger and it didn't work I would suspect the power control board.

They are high power LED's, which require a higher amount of current then USB can supply, only the LIPO batteries can supply high current.  It also mentions in the User's Guide that if the batteries are completely discharged, they won't recharge and need to be replaced.  It has to do with LIPO batteries, it would be like trying to recharge an older auto battery without any water (sulfuric acid).  I recently had to exchange (via Lazada) a LIPO battery unit for my drone because of the same reason.  They must have been sitting in warehouse too long. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, ITGeek said:

They are high power LED's, which require a higher amount of current then USB can supply, only the LIPO batteries can supply high current.  It also mentions in the User's Guide that if the batteries are completely discharged, they won't recharge and need to be replaced.  It has to do with LIPO batteries, it would be like trying to recharge an older auto battery without any water (sulfuric acid).  I recently had to exchange (via Lazada) a LIPO battery unit for my drone because of the same reason.  They must have been sitting in warehouse too long. 

That would be why I said to connect to a charger and not a computer USB port. Doesn't really matter to me. Are your Qubie lights blue by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...
ITGeek
Posted
Posted
On 11/19/2016 at 7:27 PM, robert k said:

That would be why I said to connect to a charger and not a computer USB port. Doesn't really matter to me. Are your Qubie lights blue by any chance?

No, they are pure white.  They have BT control via cell phone app to take strobe or solid light on while video capture.  I message manufacture if there was way to manually set strobe like effect for security reasons, like a dazzler light that disorients potential attackers.  No response yet.  Good news is they said keep the defective ones, cost more to return ship and sent my working ones.  So I guess I have spare parts should need arise.

I'm also awaiting response from DJI on my lost P4 drone from last September.  I files a Small Claims Court in Sacramento County agains Jack Shen, CEO of DJI LLC in Calabasas, CA.  I'm hoping they'll see the light and realize its cheaper to replace the missing duadcopter than to fly to Sacramento and represent their case in court.  I asked for damamges of $3,000.  $1,500 for cost of the unit and another $1,500 for travel expenses from PI's and court costs.  Since I hadn't served them yet, court case was scheduled for Dec 14th, 2016, I was advised not to show, then refile at no cost when I will be in US.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ITGeek said:

Since I hadn't served them yet, court case was scheduled for Dec 14th, 2016, I was advised not to show, then refile at no cost when I will be in US.

Where are you? Confusing as you talk about being in the Phils and in California and your status says California.

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Where are you? Confusing as you talk about being in the Phils and in California and your status says California.

I am residing in the Philippines.  However, according to California Small Claims Court Law, I can file in the jurisdiction that my loss took place.  In this instance, I was living with my Uncle in August 2016 when incurred the financial loss.  Plus I am still considered a US Citizen and California Resident according to my 2015 tax returns.  This gives me the right to file the Small Claims Court case in which the damages occurred. -

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ITGeek said:

I am residing in the Philippines.  However, according to California Small Claims Court Law, I can file in the jurisdiction that my loss took place.  In this instance, I was living with my Uncle in August 2016 when incurred the financial loss.  Plus I am still considered a US Citizen and California Resident according to my 2015 tax returns.  This gives me the right to file the Small Claims Court case in which the damages occurred. -

Got ya, you used here and there a few times and your profile still shows you in California instead of back here in PI is why I asked.