Age of Consent Laws?

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

ONE LAST THING!

I think that it should be mentioned that the original poster did make an inquiry, and a few members went on the offensive in their replies... The BIGGER PICTURE is that there are a lot of self appointed vigilante internet trolls who spend their time trying to trick others into some illegal act.

As such it is important to self-police the forum as to remain a family site and retain the value of such a site. While the situation might have been better served with a personal email to the OP, the end result I believe is the same and he shall not return. In the limited wording of his posted question, it appears that regardless of age, he is traveling as a sex tourist. Which is OK, just not a part of this forum. Perhaps he might like the AC forums better.

To the MODS... perhaps a generic sex tourist notice can be added to the permanent forum as to alert new members of the specific sex related rules and for them to decide if they want to participate or look elsewhere for their Philippines information.

Edited by Bruce
spl'in
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Bruce said:

The BIGGER PICTURE is that there are a lot of self appointed vigilante internet trolls who spend their time trying to trick others into some illegal act.

I quite agree but Bruce, One of the nephews I talked about has just left my House and has told me this;

* Uncle, we got So Fed up with the Bad talk from some of the Foreigners yesterday about the Girls That we Reported them to the manager who called the Security and then the Tourist Police arrived *

They were leaving (The family) so do not know what happened in the End. It is not just these Trolls though I am afraid to say. There are actually real life Idiots that can if allowed, Ruin everyone's Life. Is it any wonder "The Foreigner" is thought of Badly at times. Apparently the other Resort was Fine as the Police had already been there :shades:  Go Figure EH?

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have to say that I would not be with a girl under 25 intentionally. I would not even touch a girl under 18 or even think about it.

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have to say that I would not be with a girl under 25 intentionally. I would not even touch a girl under 18 or even think about it.

Oh? Your wife reading over your shoulder again... Got it! Mums the word!:boom: AND WHEN YOU SAY 18 YEARS.. THOSE ARE DOG YEARS, RIGHT? :hystery:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

If I understand correctly, if trafficking is suspected the "girl" of any age is considered a child, even if she is 35. I'm sure this raises the statistics.:89:

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think you will find that went out many years ago.

I don't recall the original Philippines 12 years Age of Consent law having change. Please note there is a difference between consent among persons of the same age group and between an adult and someone below the age of 18 years. What has changed in the Philippines is the marriage age which is now 18 years except for Muslims. The old law permitted a girl to get married at a younger age with parental consent.

Perhaps Dave, who is very good at researching legal issues, would be able to add clarity to this issue. 

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Hell my G. Grandmother married at 15. By these standards she was abused (she wasn't).

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 11/27/2016 at 8:12 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Can you provide a current and legitimate link to that law please.  I know of people in jail for being alone with under 18's who would love to believe it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Philippines

The age of consent in many countries is younger than we generally believe. For example in the US it differs state to state and more states are 16 than 17 or 18. And Canada is not 18: it was changed from 14 - 16 not that many years ago.

All this said, often the AoC is different from the age marriage is allowed (such as in the Philippines) and then there are a plethora of laws involving who can do what to whom and so even if the age of consent somewhere is let's say 16, someone significantly older might still get in trouble.

Back to the OP. One of the problems (and one of the joys) in the Philippines is that many people there do not view age as we do in the West. So the girl might not care - but you must! Have a wonderful time in PI, but please have fun with someone you are positive is of legal age. You do not want to experience jail in the Philippines from the inside, nor do you want to personally experience the new President's law enforcement tactics. 

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I used to work with a man who married a 13 year old. Not much fuss was made about it because he was 12 at the time. Arkansas.:89:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Bruce said:

Age is not universal as it pertains to consent. Adding to the drama is that outright arrogance of 1st world countries who think 'we' can impose our morals and might on the rest of the world. An example of this is by US law, a the US has the right to board any ship anywhere in the world to look for drugs or weapons if that ship seems to headed to or near the US. Will the US try to board a Russian ship? Hell no... but some no weight 3rd world country's ship... sure! But at the same time say Ethiopia passed an identical law and tried to board a US ship. Suddenly it is piracy.

Same for age of consent laws. DU30 is spot on about the US arrogance and meddling in Philippine matters, far more and above just sex. JJ was right and it was George Bush and his threats and promises of money to fight sex crimes that have morphed into the drama of today.

Bruce, not meaning to call you out or get in your face as it were. My meaning is a man from a western country traveling to Philippines in order to have sex with very young ladies is not right. I respect you points not sure I agree with all but that's OK ? I realize sadly this is a common situation in Philippines nothing I can say or do to change that but it truly ticks me off..... Not you Bruce?

• Like 4

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic