Exit Clearance on Tourist Visa

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Seems like this is one of those topics that keeps coming up because of the need for current info as there seems to be opposing opinions and the BI answers are clear as mud.

I am on a tourist Visa, between 6 and 12 months since last arrival, have a current ACR card and the number on a little piece of paper stapled in my passport. Has anyone in these circumstances recently gone through NAIA successfully without going to BI Cebu or Manila first? Am I just dreaming of not wasting money and time having to do a day trip to Cebu BI

robert k
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Seems like this is one of those topics that keeps coming up because of the need for current info as there seems to be opposing opinions and the BI answers are clear as mud.

I am on a tourist Visa, between 6 and 12 months since last arrival, have a current ACR card and the number on a little piece of paper stapled in my passport. Has anyone in these circumstances recently gone through NAIA successfully without going to BI Cebu or Manila first? Am I just dreaming of not wasting money and time having to do a day trip to Cebu BI

Drop in the Duma BI to make sure but I think you are good for getting clearance at the airport. Make sure to point out the little slip of paper stapled in your passport to immigration at the airport as not all BoI staple it in, or so I gathered from my last exit.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, robert k said:

Drop in the Duma BI to make sure but I think you are good for getting clearance at the airport. Make sure to point out the little slip of paper stapled in your passport to immigration at the airport as not all BoI staple it in, or so I gathered from my last exit.

I saw your other post and it looked like that trip was last year? Have you left and come back again since then? Strange no one else has posted this info, maybe there aren't that many staying away from Manila or Cebu who leave between 6 and 12 months. Debating whether to risk it or not.

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Well I left last month for a few days and at the previous extension of my visa the nice people in the Cebu office put in a stamp stating an exit clearance was required if leaving after a continuous stay of 6 months (it was going to be just in excess). I therefore went back to see them a few days before I left and for the meager sum of P500 they gave me a nice letter which the immigration people at the airport studied carefully, retained, and then sent me on my way with a cheery wave.

Looks like they are also getting more concerned about one having an exit flight when one returns as well. Fortuitously I did and had the schedule to prove it.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Well I left last month for a few days and at the previous extension of my visa the nice people in the Cebu office put in a stamp stating an exit clearance was required if leaving after a continuous stay of 6 months (it was going to be just in excess). I therefore went back to see them a few days before I left and for the meager sum of P500 they gave me a nice letter which the immigration people at the airport studied carefully, retained, and then sent me on my way with a cheery wave.

Looks like they are also getting more concerned about one having an exit flight when one returns as well. Fortuitously I did and had the schedule to prove it.

Wouldn't be a big deal for me if the Dumaguete office did the ECC but going all the way to Cebu from here is a big deal - especially if it is not required to go there. I can wish all I want to but not going to get an ECC in Duma, I know I can go to Cebu and getting the ECC is no problem once there, but it costs money and a whole day of travel to get there. All a waste if I can do it at NAIA on the way 'out the door'.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

but it costs money and a whole day of travel to get there. All a waste if I can do it at NAIA on the way 'out the door'.

I'll say that too. I only had to do it once but the family had to come too, plus one niece, so 6 air tickets Bacolod to Cebu return, 2 taxis everywhere, 2 hotel rooms for 2 nights and 6 to feed for 3 days.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

not going to get an ECC in Duma

I'm surprised they don't do ECC.  Last time I looked at the BI Directory of Transactions it seemed like ECC was one of the most common.  BI Olongapo is a tiny BI but they do it.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

BI Olongapo is a tiny BI but they do it.

Yes! but it is a main office, Dumaguete is still only a field office :shades:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes! but it is a main office, Dumaguete is still only a field office :shades:

Almost all are field offices except for regional and main.  Including Olongapo.  Strange, I just noticed they now have a SUBIC IMMIGRATION ONE STOP SHOP, REGION III listed.  I'll have to find out what they can do.  I know the building.

http://immigration.gov.ph/contact-us/other-immigration-offices

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I saw your other post and it looked like that trip was last year? Have you left and come back again since then? Strange no one else has posted this info, maybe there aren't that many staying away from Manila or Cebu who leave between 6 and 12 months. Debating whether to risk it or not.

Yes it was last year but they are still stapling the number in your passport? That is so you can get the EEC at the airport I believe. That number on the little strip is the file or case number, whatever they call it so the airport BoI can pull up your 6 month NBI clearance. Over 1 year you would need another NBI clearance, under 6 months you should need nothing.

I believe in trust but verify before one expends money so I recommended you check with Dumaguete BoI. They had a printed sheet of paper under the glass on top of the left side desk on the right corner as you are facing the desk and while I was there I overheard someone inquiring if it were true and the answer from Mr. Bueno that it was.

• Like 1