Cebu For Medical Tourism

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I feel there is problems all over the world and I have read horror stories from all over the world. People getting these infections and dying from them is very common to read in the US and a friend of mine went in for a bypass surgery only last year and came out of it fine and was getting better, only for him to get one of those staff infections and then pneumonia and ended up dying from both because the hospital could not control or cure them. We later found out that quite a few people had the same problem only the week and weeks before and my friend and another person dying that week lead to the whole section of that hospital finally being closed down to be scrubbed down. What I did not understand is that it took them quite a few people dying before they closed that section down for the cleanup, how many deaths is too many and why does it have to happen to someone we know before action will end up taken. I put the health department on them or they might not have closed that section down until more people died.It is sad that life all over the world has become so cheap that people are allowed to die when it can be prevented and while I agree things in the Philippines may not always be done to code at times, so to speak, it happens in other parts of the world too. What was that recent story about the VA in the US doing colonoscopies without properly cleaning the tube they were sticking up peoples butts, now cleaning that would sure be a no brainer for me but obvious not for them.I also know for a fact that we all have to be our own best doctors and that many hospitals and doctors give medications without checking what other medicines are already being taken or do not check drug interactions and it is our own job to make sure the drugs we take do not interact with each other. I have had it happen to me and another friend of mine stopped his medicines after I checked their interactions and he lived for a few more years when the doctors only gave him days to live without dialysis because the drug overload was shutting down his system.Here is a checker to help you check your drugs and vitamins for interactions. Drug interaction checkerOh, and as far as the richer Filipinos going to the states to be treated instead of staying in the Philippines for treatment, I think a lot of that also has to do with image and their ability to be able to afford to do that and also because of the brain drain here.

UZI
Posted
Posted
I feel there is problems all over the world and I have read horror stories from all over the world. People getting these infections and dying from them is very common to read in the US and a friend of mine went in for a bypass surgery only last year and came out of it fine and was getting better, only for him to get one of those staff infections
Lee,Sorry mate but I am a Brit & we just cannot resist - it's called black comedy.I think you meant STAPH not STAFF infection, although if you watch Grays Anatomy maybe you were right 1st time SugarwareZ-035.gifSugarwareZ-011.gifSorry to hear the story though. Even Bill Clinton had to return a couple of months after his bypass due to fluid on his lungs. These so called super bugs are a real problem but I would guess less so outside of 1st world countries as they are less likely to have hospitals with these drug resistant strains (not scientific just my thoughts).As for local 'money' people, plenty do go to Manila Doctors, Makati Med & Asian Hospital etc. Even GMA.UZI

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I feel there is problems all over the world and I have read horror stories from all over the world. People getting these infections and dying from them is very common to read in the US and a friend of mine went in for a bypass surgery only last year and came out of it fine and was getting better, only for him to get one of those staff infections
Lee,Sorry mate but I am a Brit & we just cannot resist - it's called black comedy.I think you meant STAPH not STAFF infection, although if you watch Grays Anatomy maybe you were right 1st time SugarwareZ-035.gifSugarwareZ-011.gifSorry to hear the story though. Even Bill Clinton had to return a couple of months after his bypass due to fluid on his lungs. These so called super bugs are a real problem but I would guess less so outside of 1st world countries as they are less likely to have hospitals with these drug resistant strains (not scientific just my thoughts).As for local 'money' people, plenty do go to Manila Doctors, Makati Med & Asian Hospital etc. Even GMA.UZI
Yup, you got me and in the case of the US hospitals, lately I would say it is a staff caused infection because it is cause by the staffs failure to do their job.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Yup, you got me and in the case of the US hospitals, lately I would say it is a staff caused infection because it is cause by the staffs failure to do their job.
Must be all those foreign nurses they're importing lately.... :whistling:I'm kidding...its just a joke

Mik
Posted
Posted

If at all possible, try to stay away from hospitals. That's where people go to die. .