Receiving mail in the Philippines

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 12/12/2016 at 3:32 AM, MartyC said:

Is there a good way to receive mail from the states in the Philippines? Not packages per se, just forwarded mail from my old address and such. I know it could take weeks or months to receive it but are there PO boxes to rent possibly ? I wonder if USPS would even forward it with a regular stamp on it. 

Postal service in the Philippines is slow and can be unreliable.

The best option is to use a service like Traveling Mailbox. They give you a US address and they will scan the envelopes. You check your mail using their website and can chose to destroy, open and scan, or forward each individual piece of mail. They will even hold mail for you then you can choose to have them all forwarded at once using a more reliable service like DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc. They can also accumulate packages for you and ship them all to you at once, for example purchases from Amazon. They can also do a bank deposit for you if you receive a check in the mail. I found that I only had documents which I had to have physically forwarded to me once or twice a year. The rest just having a scan of the contents was fine.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I had another Christmas card delivered yesterday and the postman also brought with him the forms for my Wifes postal ID. She asked him the last time he came.I cannot knock the postal service here.

• Like 4