Advice for newbies

anthonytt
Posted
Posted

I started on this forum 4 years ago. I've learned alot. People on this forum are very helpful and made my move to the Philippines alot easier having information needed from members of this forum. So, back to the subject at hand. If you are looking to marry a Filipina and bring her back to your country you need to know if she would be comfortable with that. Send her pics of where she will be living, activities there, etc.. Now, she will probably say yes sure I will be happy there. ( Because she's probably going to be alot younger than you) and wants the experience of living abroad without knowing if and how much she will miss her family, friends, and the Philippines. And that could cause problems in the future. Especially if you have a child with her. (Which you will) I'm not stating my personal experience but my wife has alot of friends abroad and some are fine with just a visit to the Philippines every year or two, some get very homesick and want to go back for good, and some don't care if they ever go back to Philippines. So try your best to tell your future wife to make her understand this and what she thinks she has to say about it. 

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, anthonytt said:

Especially if you have a child with her. (Which you will)

Vasectomy says no. 

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, anthonytt said:

but my wife has alot of friends abroad and some are fine with just a visit to the Philippines every year or two, some get very homesick and want to go back for good, and some don't care if they ever go back to Philippines.

Those 3 options covers it all. The ones that we know never go back, nor do they communicate with their families back in PI. They say "too many moochers"

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Lease don't buy. Or...Lease option to buy..... Short term rentals? Marriage? What! Did you fall and hit your head in the shower (again)? Counting your eggs before ovulation?

SIR! :bash: S L O W L Y Step Back From the M word! No need to talk like that around here..... Someone call EOD! This guy is talking suicide! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

RELAX... no need to rush into anything.... Take your time... Smell the... er, ah... flowers! Yes, smell the flowers.....

• Like 4

anthonytt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Vasectomy says no. 

Not so quick..she better know before hand. I had a friend who didn't tell his new wife and they "kept trying" she was then willing to adopt but he wouldn't go for it. Divorce followed soon after. I got my Vasectomy here in Cebu. (already had 2 kids)  I was so scared having any kind of surgical procedure done here in PI but it actually went very well. It's been almost a year now since I had it done. 

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, anthonytt said:

Not so quick..she better know before hand. I had a friend who didn't tell his new wife and they "kept trying" she was then willing to adopt but he wouldn't go for it. Divorce followed soon after. I got my Vasectomy here in Cebu. (already had 2 kids)  I was so scared having any kind of surgical procedure done here in PI but it actually went very well. It's been almost a year now since I had it done. 

Almost a year? Well then it is time to take off those bandages and see if everything still works.... Like riding a bike. You never forget how to .... ride a bike! :hystery: But if you need some help, just let us know. That is what the forum is for.... friends helping friends.... of course might not be a bad idea to post a few pics of the mrs... (Cue Jake)

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, anthonytt said:

Well, you'd be surprised at the amount of girls there that are whilst not happy with that, accept it. ;)  I'm always up front if it looks like things are going to be more than a fling.  

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, anthonytt said:

I started on this forum 4 years ago. I've learned alot. People on this forum are very helpful and made my move to the Philippines alot easier having information needed from members of this forum. So, back to the subject at hand. If you are looking to marry a Filipina and bring her back to your country you need to know if she would be comfortable with that. Send her pics of where she will be living, activities there, etc.. Now, she will probably say yes sure I will be happy there. ( Because she's probably going to be alot younger than you) and wants the experience of living abroad without knowing if and how much she will miss her family, friends, and the Philippines. And that could cause problems in the future. Especially if you have a child with her. (Which you will) I'm not stating my personal experience but my wife has alot of friends abroad and some are fine with just a visit to the Philippines every year or two, some get very homesick and want to go back for good, and some don't care if they ever go back to Philippines. So try your best to tell your future wife to make her understand this and what she thinks she has to say about it. 

Which is why I've drilled into my GF's head that she might miss home, even though she will have good connectivity. She swears she'll be fine. She says she's a homebody, and honestly she is. She's seen all over where she'll be living when she comes, and loves it though. 

Funny story: Her cousin lives in Austin TX, married just as her student visa was set to expire. Dude she married has my same name, which is a funny coincidence. He's going to be deployed, so he's taking her to live with his family while he's gone. As it turns out, in my own state, and exact same neighborhood where I grew up. Funny.

Anyway, she's got quite a few cousins and batchmates abroad, and they seem to adapt pretty well after a transition. Italy. Pakistan. Saudi Arabia. US. Etc.

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

What I have noticed is, that no matter how much of a homebody your significant other is, they need plenty of social activities. My wife was going crazy the first few weeks abroad until she started to make some friends and she now has a good network of friends to meet up with daily.

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Vasectomy says no. 

Saying no at the beginning means no too

• Like 3