Ben Jordan British expat fraudster. Thief in the Philippines

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Bruce said:

The name Ben Jordan sounds incomplete.

It sounds Bogus to me, We hear about his G/F selling the bar, Maybe he was never part of the Deal (Legally) on researching some things he is a Look alike for a UK Singer of that name. I Wonder?

JMHO But...........:89:

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I posted it on the Expats in Bohol and Panglao facebook page.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 12/23/2016 at 10:34 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

to other facebook Philippines groups

If you can, try contacting Facebook groups in Thailand. He could have gone there immediately with his g/f.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

It sounds Bogus to me, We hear about his G/F selling the bar, Maybe he was never part of the Deal (Legally) on researching some things he is a Look alike for a UK Singer of that name. I Wonder?

His bank account is in that name so must have had ID to open it I would think. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

His bank account is in that name so must have had ID to open it I would think. :thumbsup:

Well it was just a thought (damn! I was sure I was on to Something:571c66d400c8c_1(103):)

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

What about informing the British Embassy? I'm sure they can get him on a list so that if he ever heads back to the UK his name will flag up and he'll be arrested on entry.

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

What about informing the British Embassy? I'm sure they can get him on a list so that if he ever heads back to the UK his name will flag up and he'll be arrested on entry.

Or you could write to Santa and ask him to add BJ to his naughty list. Sorry if that sounds cynical but these days it seems to me that the British Embassy does SFA.

Re-reading the above it sounds rather rude. However I have seen similar situations all-too-often in the past. Depending on the individual you speak to the response from the British consulate (this is a consular matter) will range from sympathetic but apologetic to dismissive. As I understand it this would be seen as a civil case rather than a criminal one and embassies/consulates don't get involved. When something similar happened to me in Beijing the British Consul (who was a friend of mine at the time) told me that he heard of similar situations almost weekly and had to tell people that he could do very little. His comment was "I don't know why others don't do what you are doing and sue." I did and won, but it took me two and a half years.

Edited by not so old china hand
Adding a lot more and trying to tone down my response
  • Like 5

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I also sent the details of what you show here to a friend in Puerta Princessa-he's got a decent amount of friends, they get out quite a bit and have linked this post so he can check it out-just another set of eyes, I guess-I hope he gets tracked down

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

Or you could write to Santa and ask him to add BJ to his naughty list. Sorry if that sounds cynical but these days it seems to me that the British Embassy does SFA.

Re-reading the above it sounds rather rude. However I have seen similar situations all-too-often in the past. Depending on the individual you speak to the response from the British consulate (this is a consular matter) will range from sympathetic but apologetic to dismissive. As I understand it this would be seen as a civil case rather than a criminal one and embassies/consulates don't get involved. When something similar happened to me in Beijing the British Consul (who was a friend of mine at the time) told me that he heard of similar situations almost weekly and had to tell people that he could do very little. His comment was "I don't know why others don't do what you are doing and sue." I did and won, but it took me two and a half years.

According to the Bureau if Internal Revenue failure to pay Tax is a criminal offence. Unless he's a switched on con artist and paid his dues for the sale of the business then he's committed a criminal offence against the Government. Under section 255 of the code he is liable for a fine of not less than 10,000 php and a jail sentence of not less than one year or more than ten years. Sure against the person he's committed a civil offence but the Government is a whole different ball game. Just for pure revenge I'd be getting the Bureau involved as I'm sure there's more of a chance that they can put the relevant restrictions on his movement if it's not too late. Once he's banged up then look at suing but he needs caught first.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

tax.gif