Ben Jordan British expat fraudster. Thief in the Philippines

Gas
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

According to the Bureau if Internal Revenue failure to pay Tax is a criminal offence. Unless he's a switched on con artist and paid his dues for the sale of the business then he's committed a criminal offence against the Government. Under section 255 of the code he is liable for a fine of not less than 10,000 php and a jail sentence of not less than one year or more than ten years. Sure against the person he's committed a civil offence but the Government is a whole different ball game. Just for pure revenge I'd be getting the Bureau involved as I'm sure there's more of a chance that they can put the relevant restrictions on his movement if it's not too late. Once he's banged up then look at suing but he needs caught first.

I would imagine if the business was registered with the BIR it was in the girlfriends name. We have several registered businesses here in the Philippines and all are registered in my wife's name, as it makes the whole process a lot less complicated. 

The Bureau of Internal Revenue will not get involved or put any restrictions on his movements.  

RBM
Posted
Posted

It's common knowledge foreigners cannot legally own a business, financing one is different.

While I admire the OPs vigor in pursing this guy perhaps it would be easier to find his SO. After all her name must be on the legal documents and she has committed the bad. It would seem doubtful if there remains a legal case against the guy, a moral one certainly.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RBM said:

It's common knowledge foreigners cannot legally own a business, financing one is different.

While I admire the OPs vigor in pursing this guy perhaps it would be easier to find his SO. After all her name must be on the legal documents and she has committed the bad. It would seem doubtful if there remains a legal case against the guy, a moral one certainly.

I'm sure if you track down the SO and make life a little difficult for her she'll soon hand him over. I realise it's the Philippines and that makes Government bodies a law until themselves but any extra input might just help. I have no understanding of what their powers of investigation are but I'd like to think they must have some sort of remit especially with a President in charge that's trying to improve efficiency and cut out corruption to an extent.

• Like 4

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Tom,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune,I hope you can recover from this.  

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/26/2016 at 0:20 PM, RBM said:

As the police said yesterday, send a registered letter of demand to last know address and they will put an immigration hold order and arrest both of them. There is a case against him as the money went into his account, I call it fraud.  aboitizland legal team will be sueing her for something like 250k peso but that may increase as some items were removed from the bar without their consent. Her name is shown clearly in my first post, Shaarni Ellen Balde.

Ellen Balde.jpg

• Like 3

novahun
Posted
Posted

Im kind of confused on how you call this fraud or youve been ripped off. So he owed a few months of rent, there is a security deposit - also before buying a business what about your own due diligence? Did you check to see if the business had any outstanding debts?

If the Persimmon folks are renting to you now, you would have renegotiated a lease. The debt from the past owner should not be yours. I think I would have talked to lease holder first before sending any money to the owner. If he was struggling to sell his business, a few months of unpaid rent is not abnormal - there is a security deposit for those things. Dont let the Persimmon folks push you - that unpaid rent is not your deal. I knew Ben and his gf - far from scammers.. hurting for money while trying to keep that resto up and running yes.. scamming you and a fraud - no. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, novahun said:

Im kind of confused on how you call this fraud or youve been ripped off. So he owed a few months of rent, there is a security deposit - also before buying a business what about your own due diligence? Did you check to see if the business had any outstanding debts?

If the Persimmon folks are renting to you now, you would have renegotiated a lease. The debt from the past owner should not be yours. I think I would have talked to lease holder first before sending any money to the owner. If he was struggling to sell his business, a few months of unpaid rent is not abnormal - there is a security deposit for those things. Dont let the Persimmon folks push you - that unpaid rent is not your deal. I knew Ben and his gf - far from scammers.. hurting for money while trying to keep that resto up and running yes.. scamming you and a fraud - no. 

Tell your buddy Ben to google image "Filipino Prison".

Happy New Year. 

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

I would be interested to know why persimmons  did not advise you of the situation prior to handing over the hard earned. Surely in not disclosing the facts they should be partially responsible. 

Is it that you paid direct to the Jordan's and completed a sub Lease?  Surely not, bit of a puzzle here. Anyway sincerely trust your reimbursed for every Peso and open soon.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 12/30/2016 at 3:48 AM, Old55 said:

Tell your buddy Ben to google image "Filipino Prison".

Happy New Year. 

I've had a few messages from friends in Palwan and a few of the other Islands. It seams that Ben's profile is getting raised a little. They've been asking if there's a reward and a few " JOKINGLY" said they'd get a bigger reward i he was found to have been involved in drugs. If there's an arrest warrant out for him it wouldn't be too hard to convince the police that as he's a criminal he could be involved in anything. Touch wood to date there's been no foreigners shot for drugs. The same can't be said for his Filipino partner though. :whistling: