Ben Jordan British expat fraudster. Thief in the Philippines

AwesomeLife
Posted
Posted

I don't know the legal protections, this is way over my head, however, this is an incredible opportunity to write Philippine expats business book of what works and what doesn't work.  Share what you would have done differently and how to recognize liars.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AwesomeLife said:

how to recognize liars.  

Simple.  They have a penetrating stare, a perpetual smile, and their lips are moving. :hystery::shooter:

• Like 1

AwesomeLife
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Simple.  They have a penetrating stare, a perpetual smile, and their lips are moving. :hystery::shooter:

Simply WOW.  I was going to say those who pressure you but you just blew my mind!

Edited by AwesomeLife
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:29 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

As the police said yesterday, send a registered letter of demand to last know address and they will put an immigration hold order and arrest both of them. There is a case against him as the money went into his account, I call it fraud.  aboitizland legal team will be sueing her for something like 250k peso but that may increase as some items were removed from the bar without their consent. Her name is shown clearly in my first post, Shaarni Ellen Balde.

Ellen Balde.jpg

There is a Shaarni Ellen B. in sihanoukville, Cambodia

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0187975bca8504c044/

https://www.liveandinvestoverseas.com/retirement-living/sihanoukville-cambodia-worlds-cheapest-place-live-well/

Many Expats live there. If it's her, the trickster Ben is likely there with her if she is still there or ever was there. I doubt she posted that to throw you off. She's seeking employment.

Call Interpol, explain there is a PI warrant. Perhaps they can give advice on what to do.  https://www.interpol.int/  Cambodia is a member country.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Many Expats live there. If it's her, the trickster Ben is likely there with her if she is still there or ever was there. I doubt she posted that to throw you off. She's seeking employment.

Guys I know you are trying to help but we are well aware that the two of them once had a bar in Cambodia before setting up in the Philippines. The fact remains she obtained a visa to the UK in October last year so my guess he is there and she went to visit. So much for any hold departure orders. 

As for getting anything more done here is like pulling hens teeth. 

Just to add, there in no date on the Upwork link so could have been years ago and appears to be a dead profile. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah Tom, sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie or  it will torment you and put you in an early grave. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Guys I know you are trying to help but we are well aware that the two of them once had a bar in Cambodia before setting up in the Philippines. The fact remains she obtained a visa to the UK in October last year so my guess he is there and she went to visit. So much for any hold departure orders. 

As for getting anything more done here is like pulling hens teeth. 

Just to add, there in no date on the Upwork link so could have been years ago and appears to be a dead profile. :thumbsup:

Perhaps they got married and she's now using a passport with his last name. That could effect a hold order.

Are you pursuing this with PI officials as a Expat ripping off an Expat? If yes, consider changing the pursuit as an Expat stealing from a Filipina (your GF/wife) who likely would be the 60% owner (her money) and you as secondary the 40%.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/nation/07/09/09/understanding-anti-dummy-law

Do you ever watch Raffy Tulfo? Dude definitely turns into a pit bull when Filipinas contact him with Foreigner on Filipina crimes. Consider having the wife/gf contact Raffy with the details. 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/raffytulfoinaction/about/

Rooster
Posted
Posted

Jolly, I sent you a PM.

bbbbb.JPG

robert k
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, AwesomeLife said:

I don't know the legal protections, this is way over my head, however, this is an incredible opportunity to write Philippine expats business book of what works and what doesn't work.  Share what you would have done differently and how to recognize liars.  

From what I have seen, my first rule would be to avoid foreigners deals in the Philippines. If I had a really great deal and needed money, I have friends, family members and associates that I would offer the deal to before trying to get money from strangers, if I really expected to make money. Lots of OPM (other people's money) deals in the world, I avoid all of them. If you want to buy a condo in the Philippines, I would suggest you buy one that is already built, just to be safe.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Rooster said:

Jolly, I sent you a PM.

bbbbb.JPG

Yes 2014 has nothing to do with me thanks. :thumbsup: