More things to consider for newbies.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

First, not all not all women marry for love. In a perfect world, yes, it would be nice. 

Many Asian women, not only Filipinas marry for a Green Card. Some want to get pregnant by a Caucasian, blonde blue eyes preferred but will settle for any foreigner. 

We know of one Fil-Am who married a Filipina and bought her a house in the Philippines. When he left to return to the states, she sold the house and disappeared. 

There was a scam exposed a few years ago that offered Korean brides. The agency would pay all expenses plus $10,000 if the American married the Korean National. I believe it was the Korean National who actually put up the money and not the agency. Under the US law they must show proof of living together. I'm not sure when the money was paid but the US Authorities became aware of the scam after some complained that it was a scam. What would happen is that after 3 or 4 years the Korean National would file for divorce. The court would award her spousal support (alimony ) and child support if any children during the time of their marriage. All this plus any personal property that the court felt the woman was entitled to. 

No telling how many mail order brides from Eastern European countries also had or have their own scam.

All that glitters is not gold. 

Just something to think about. Love is blind, they say.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Some want to get pregnant by a Caucasian

I like that part. Can you get me hooked up. Now, in all fairness, I am not that young any more and may need multiple attempts. But I am willing to try. However, I do ask that you keep my medical history a secret from the women who want to get pregnant..... you know that part about snip-snip.... :mocking:

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted

Yes, scams are everywhere.  So how can you avoid them?  Very simple... just take your time.  Move to the Philippines and get to know the filipina for at least a year, without making any commitments.  I like the advice given by a YouTube V-Logger who said "don't make any big decisions for at least a year".  

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

There are scams been going on for centuries, it is nothing new and certainly not confined to Philippines or any other Asian country.  What about the scam where the The Aussie/Western generally women who come with nothing and leave with everything. Then have the hide to be judgmental about Asian women!

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Bruce said:

I like that part. Can you get me hooked up. Now, in all fairness, I am not that young any more and may need multiple attempts. But I am willing to try. However, I do ask that you keep my medical history a secret from the women who want to get pregnant..... you know that part about snip-snip.... :mocking:

"MUMS" the word but promise them anything. What have you got to lose. It works both ways, ya know.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bows00 said:

Yes, scams are everywhere.  So how can you avoid them?  Very simple... just take your time.  Move to the Philippines and get to know the filipina for at least a year, without making any commitments.  I like the advice given by a YouTube V-Logger who said "don't make any big decisions for at least a year".  

That's what I did. My wife was not looking for a husband when I met her. I'm the persistent one. No official engagement but she and I dated off and on for about a year. She was a full time nurse at the time, Unit Manager (head nurse) and working long hours. She had no plans on going to the states or getting married for that matter. She had experienced a bad relationship and had  a son to care for. She was and still is devoted to him and her parents. She has a small boarding house for singles. We were both careful in making the lifelong commitment to marriage.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Indeed scams are everywhere , and these very young women have so many tricks to get your money and that so called green card too.

But hang about here what about turning it round a little what about the old bloke who wants a daughter or even grand daughter as a wife, promise her the world just to have his wicked way then to throw her to the side because hes gone back to where ever he came from.

There are good and bad everywhere, just dont make promises you cannot keep.

Very well said. Yes indeed, it does work both ways. 

There is a term Filipinos use for men like the ones you described. They're called LBH which means "Losers Back Home". 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Like we read about Bad Banks and here Scams. I sit some days and Wonder have any of us ever have had problems with either? I haven't but.............:huh:

For me, the only advice I would give to a Potential or Newbie arrival, is do your Homework and listen to advice, We all have a story whether it is us or someone we know fairly well. 

Edited by Jack Peterson
just a little correction or two
  • Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Like we read about Bad Banks and here Scams. I sit some days and Wonder have any of us ever have had problems with either? I haven't but.............:huh:

For me, the only advice I would give to a Potential or Newbie arrival, is do your Homework and listen to advice, We all have a story whether it is us or someone we know fairly well. 

Never been ripped off by anyone, yet. I did get some very bad customer service from BPI bank employee, once. I changed to BDO.