Why Bother Yourself With Internet Dating??

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, stevewool said:

D I A that's where I met Emma 

It`s where I met my wife and we have been together since August 2010.

• Like 4

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

It`s where I met my wife and we have been together since August 2010.

Add me to that list as well (DIA)...It's where I met my wife as well-couldn't be happier

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its great that so many of you met your wives on DIA.  Maybe I met them there too :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  Just kidding guys.  I'm just saying that a lot of the girls online get a lot of action but every one I have ever talked to tells me stuff like:  "Oh I just joined for fun.  I have been a member here for (fill in blank) years and you are the first one I have ever met in real life from that site."  And of course I always say:  "Oh really?  Me too." :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Many success stories here, I was just wondering how many did you guys meet online before finding 'the one'?

In my experience I used online to find a 'tour guide' when I went to Hong Kong. Was the 4th or 5th contact I made, happened to be a Filipina. We were together 5 months or so. Came to Dumaguete and was introduced to my now wife by her cousin. She was a friend's girlfriend at the time, they are married now also. (He met her at a gas station)

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, stevewool said:

I wrote a thread about this once so long ago,i wonder where that is

There is a button which says "My content" or if you have an idea of what you called the topic there is a search feature. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its great that so many of you met your wives on DIA.  Maybe I met them there too :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  Just kidding guys.  I'm just saying that a lot of the girls online get a lot of action but every one I have ever talked to tells me stuff like:  "Oh I just joined for fun.  I have been a member here for (fill in blank) years and you are the first one I have ever met in real life from that site."  And of course I always say:  "Oh really?  Me too." :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

We could have been chasing the same one at first, i wonder where she is now:whistling:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Many success stories here, I was just wondering how many did you guys meet online before finding 'the one'?

In my experience I used online to find a 'tour guide' when I went to Hong Kong. Was the 4th or 5th contact I made, happened to be a Filipina. We were together 5 months or so. Came to Dumaguete and was introduced to my now wife by her cousin. She was a friend's girlfriend at the time, they are married now also. (He met her at a gas station)

Four for me ,three was just taking, one i thought i was in love with but it was my willy thinking that,

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

In think there's two ways of looking at the dating sites and the success stories. I used them also to get a guide as a few of the women say they are on them just to make friends etc. I think it's very easy to find a person who could turn out to be a great wife and I think a lot of it is the Filipino perception of Foreigners. 

If you tried a Western dating site I could almost guarantee you'd struggle to find wife material in the first year or two as the majority aren't looking for long term relationships, yet if you try a Filipino dating site about 90% of foreigners would find what they class as wife material pretty quickly. I met up with and talked to a few women on line and almost everyone was looking for a foreign husband. Fortunately as I was visiting a few times I met up with a few. All of them ticked most of my boxes but common sense kicked in. 

I could have had my pick of young pretty women but being realistic they wanted a family with me and I'm at the stage in life where it's ME time. I've worked almost every day since I was 12 years old and brought four kids up, I don't want to be starting all that again. I want to travel and do things at the spur of the moment so I got ruthless with my choice of partner. I've narrowed it down to a 47yr old who has never been married and both parents are dead. She has cousins and sisters but has made it clear there is no way she will live near them as like me she's worked hard all her life to feed and clothe them so now it's her time. She even said to me if I want rug rats get a young girl and not her. 

I met her on-line so yes I'd like to think it's worth giving Internet dating a try. At least you can set your preferences and if you aren't blinded by lust you've a far greater chance of finding the right one on line than on the street. 

Very well said,and good luck too

• Like 1