Philippines, any unspoiled forests jungle or preserve?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Oh well if it is fun time Dig me up in about 35 Years  preserved man.jpg I mean they preserved President Marcos EH? preserved marcos.jpg

Just saying :89:

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 1/2/2017 at 2:59 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I found some Philippines preserve.  preserves.jpegpreserved in Orville  Ohio

• 2 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 1/2/2017 at 9:08 AM, Old55 said:

Is there an undeveloped rainforest, jungle or park outside of Mindanao a Foreigner could safely visit? Preferably with reasonable access. The Palawan thread got me thinking that, Palawan may be the last place in Philippines to have truly unspoiled areas today. Wild monkeys that would be a plus.*

*Jake, Not wild monkey business!

We have protected rain forests here in Subic and you can get into some fairly isolated areas.  You can hire a guide or you can sign up for a 1 or 2 day jungle survival course, taught be a local Indian.  These are the same Indians who trained the U.S. military in jungle survival.

And, we do have monkeys!  Lots of birds too.  And big bats.  And wild boars!

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We have protected rain forests here in Subic and you can get into some fairly isolated areas.  You can hire a guide or you can sign up for a 1 or 2 day jungle survival course, taught be a local Indian.  These are the same Indians who trained the U.S. military in jungle survival.

And, we do have monkeys!  Lots of birds too.  And big bats.  And wild boars!

I believe the indigenous people were called the Igorots (mountain people).  During Vietnam war, all the navy aviators were trained in SERE (survival, evasion, resistance and escape) by these jungle experts.  They also protected the back door of Subic from the HUKS and NPA with spears and bolo knives.  

Personally I would not go into that rain forest.  It's so thick I would lose track of the sun and then get totally lost.  I probably end up in a large pot of boiling water.....he, he. 

• Like 3