Fund for Chris49's wife and kids

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

If you guys trust me, I can set up the We Care account and I will figure out a way to get the money to Gina.  I am fairly certain my friends and family will help too.  If we raise a substantial amount, maybe I should trickle feed it?  I will make sure I give full visibility and accountability to the funds.

Go for it Dan.  I'm 100% behind you.

• Like 3

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

If you guys trust me, I can set up the We Care account and I will figure out a way to get the money to Gina.  I am fairly certain my friends and family will help too.  If we raise a substantial amount, maybe I should trickle feed it?  I will make sure I give full visibility and accountability to the funds.

Don thank you for offering to do this.

I would like to contribute. How quickly do you think a fund could be set up?

Purely from my point of view I have looked at all the options for transferring funds from here and the only viable and cost effective ones seem to be WePay using the payment service of the Chinese Wechat system (I'm 90% certain that will work) or Western Union (100%). One advantage of WU is that (AFAICR) all the charges are paid by the sender.

Other posters have suggested sending funds directly to Gina's mother. The family probably needs some money fairly quickly so I would like to suggest that we coordinate so that one member sends money directly to Gina via her mother and the rest contribute to the fund (if one is set up).

The earliest I could send a WU to Gina's mother is Monday. With the help of Chinese friends I should be able to use WePay at any time.

Terry

Edited by not so old china hand
Correcting typos
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

Dan thank you for offering to do this.

I would like to contribute. How quickly do you think a fund could be set up?

Purely from my point of view I have looked at all the options for transferring funds from here and the only viable and cost effective ones seem to be WePay using the payment service of the Chinese Wechat system (I'm 90% certain that will work) or Western Union (100%). One advantage of WU is that (AFAICR) all the charges are paid by the sender.

Other posters have suggested sending funds directly to Gina's mother. The family probably needs some money fairly quickly so I would like to suggest that we coordinate so that one member sends money directly to Gina via her mother and the rest contribute to the fund (if one is set up).

The earliest I could do send a WU to Gina's mother is Monday. With the help of Chinese friends I should be able to use WePay at any time.

Terry

With both Paypal and and We Pay, I believe, you can use a debit or credit card.  I expect that is what most people do???

Hoping to have something set up today.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 3

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

Without going into details the credit / debit card route with Paypal is not a viable option for me here. China still ring-fences a lot of banking.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

The earliest I could send a WU to Gina's mother is Monday. With the help of Chinese friends I should be able to use WePay at any time.

3 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

Without going into details the credit / debit card route with Paypal is not a viable option for me here. China still ring-fences a lot of banking.

I think once someone has Ginas mothers details they would be best to PM you with it so you can do western union route or any methods that work for you. I'm not running this campaign, just trying to suggest ways members could use this forum to get funds out as it can be difficult since we all live in different countries or have some other problem.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think once someone has Ginas mothers details they would be best to PM you with it so you can do western union route or any methods that work for you.

So OMW and I have been talking this morning and are actively Trying to get some thing Moving, We know from Some of Chris's Posts that one of his team mates is his Bank Manager ( I say is, as it has not really sunk in he has gone) Anyway, I have Asked Gina for a name so we can ask him to help in anyway he can ie: Set up a little saving account we could all pay into However, she is saying that we send through

WU so I have asked for Details of the Contact BUT and there could be a big but on WU. It won't take WU long to realize that there is Cash coming from no end of people and from so many different Places, They may smell a scam (We know it is not but:89:) and then Refuse payouts as we have heard can and probably, will happen

I will try and get this across to her that the WU route can only be for a limited time and that would be determined by WU. Pressing on with this as far as I can go will no doubt take some time but will be worth it in the end.  :mellow:

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So OMW and I have been talking this morning and are actively Trying to get some thing Moving, We know from Some of Chris's Posts that one of his team mates is his Bank Manager ( I say is, as it has not really sunk in he has gone) Anyway, I have Asked Gina for a name so we can ask him to help in anyway he can ie: Set up a little saving account we could all pay into However, she is saying that we send through

WU so I have asked for Details of the Contact BUT and there could be a big but on WU. It won't take WU long to realize that there is Cash coming from no end of people and from so many different Places, They may smell a scam (We know it is not but:89:) and then Refuse payouts as we have heard can and probably, will happen

I will try and get this across to her that the WU route can only be for a limited time and that would be determined by WU. Pressing on with this as far as I can go will no doubt take some time but will be worth it in the end.  :mellow:

Hi everyone,

I think I have a plan, based on all the good feedback here.  I will start another thread to get it going.

However, first, I want to ask a question.  I am not familiar with using WU domestically.  Gina gave me her mother's information:

Is that all that is need to send money?  I have no idea.

Thanks,

Don

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed personal info
  • Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think once someone has Ginas mothers details they would be best to PM you with it so you can do western union route or any methods that work for you. I'm not running this campaign, just trying to suggest ways members could use this forum to get funds out as it can be difficult since we all live in different countries or have some other problem.

Yes I agree PM would be best. I would not suggest putting anyone's account details on an open forum.

18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

she is saying that we send through

This was pretty much what I had in mind when I suggested that someone make an initial direct WU transfer and then most of the contributions go to a crowd-sourcing fund.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Hi everyone,

I think I have a plan, based on all the good feedback here.  I will start another thread to get it going.

However, first, I want to ask a question.  I am not familiar with using WU domestically.  Gina gave me her mother's information:

Is that all that is need to send money?  I have no idea.

Thanks,

Don

I removed name and address. For those that want it PM ONMYWAY as I think thats the best way to deal with people's information. Yes thats usually what is required as long as her mother has ID for that address. :thumbsup:

• Like 2