Fundraising For Chris49's Family

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Try a different browser. My donation went through without issue.

Tried again i get right to the end and i send it and it comes back saying there is a problem , funny thing is i just have brought something through paypal there was no problem then.

Could the problem be i am trying to pay by debit card i wonder

earthdome
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

Tried again i get right to the end and i send it and it comes back saying there is a problem , funny thing is i just have brought something through paypal there was no problem then.

Could the problem be i am trying to pay by debit card i wonder

I was trying to pay without logging in to my account. Once I logged in it worked fine.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

This is sad news, Chris was a good friend and we met several times when I went to Phils.  He was very helpful with advice and assistance in planning our move in July 17.  We met in October16 when there last.  He will be sadly missed. there any improvement in Pay Pal, just read 30k pesos already donated, that is good.  I want to donate, just don't want to stuff around on paypal if it is not working.?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Important! 

Guys and Girls, We have a new little problem that if not sorted will turn into a big one. We will need a US Member to help Gina Contact the US Embassy and Try and sort things out, (if he had Been a Brit I could have done it)

If there is one of you that can help her please contact her  on her FB page. Gina P Arrowsmith. She really does need help here. Just say Ron or Peter asked you to contact her

Chris was on SS pension and she gets SS for the Kids  but of course they will need to know.

Anyone?

Thank you all.

Jack:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Important! 

Guys and Girls, We have a new little problem that if not sorted will turn into a big one. We will need a US Member to help Gina Contact the US Embassy and Try and sort things out, (if he had Been a Brit I could have done it)

If there is one of you that can help her please contact her  on her FB page. Gina P Arrowsmith. She really does need help here. Just say Ron or Peter asked you to contact her

Chris was on SS pension and she gets SS for the Kids  but of course they will need to know.

Anyone?

Thank you all.

Jack,

We had a good friend in the same position as Gina. She can contact the SSA at the US Embassy directly. They will take care of everything for her, no need for a middleman.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

Jack,

We had a good friend in the same position as Gina. She can contact the SSA at the US Embassy directly. They will take care of everything for her, no need for a middleman.

Thank You for this.

Do you have any links or Phone numbers for this? She tells us that she  does not know how to go about this:huh:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have to Remember Folks because Chris was Chris, He kept Things like the Embassy and such out of Gina's knowledge. it made his life Simpler But......................:571c66d400c8c_1(103):That Brick Wall may be here 

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

I hope other expats that don't prepare for situations like this to keep this in mind. Once we are gone our spouse will be going through enough with our passing so let them know what needs to be done in case it does.

Exactly why I Did a Topic in 2015 on this very issue But sometimes we all think it will never happen to us. However it has happened and the Young Lady is at a loss on top of all the Rest. I have sent the information and hope she has some references for the Embassy although the Children get allowance so it can be worked Back No Doubt.

Thank You for the Information 

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Important! 

Anyone?

Thank you all.

From my understanding Chris has family in the USA? Are they not able to do something there?? 

• Like 5