Seems quake season is on us down here in Negros

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I always though we were somewhat away from the Quake and Typhoon Path down here on Negros Oriental but Azon told me at breakfast that we had one (a quake) about 3 am time and some Tremors after, This apparently is the Second in 2 weeks. Neither woke me and from what my girls have said, they were not too bad so no need to scurry around getting alarmed, So I slept On:mocking:  ( Well they let me)

Apart from a few scares in Spain (while visiting the middle Plains) I have never lived in a place that gets them but the Girls & neighbours tell me it is about this time of year they happen, I have not seen any reports yet but just wondered if anyone else this way has any more news? 

Jack:huh:

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Cebu gets some mild earthquakes once in a while too. Before we lived permanently here, our area got a pretty good size one. Lucky our house at the time didn't suffer any damage. Even so, I had the carpenter bolt our big wall sized bookcase securely to the wall.  Might help in an emergency...

Jack--after Super Typhoon Yolanda hit in 2013,  I'm always grateful at the end of typhoon season that we'd had an uneventful one.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

No news Jack but i did feel it as well.There was very mild tremors on Friday night as well.I the same as you, have never really experienced this before. It is very surprising how little the locals know about staying safe in this situation.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

It is very surprising how little the locals know about staying safe in this situation.

Not quite sure I do either :89:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I did not feel the bed shake at 3am . .  are you sure you got the time right?  If it was a little closer to midnight I do remember some shaking going on, but that may have just been  .  . . ummmmm . . .  a truck goin' by or something :hystery:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I did not feel the bed shake at 3am . .  are you sure you got the time right?  If it was a little closer to midnight I do remember some shaking going on, but that may have just been  .  . . ummmmm . . .  a truck goin' by or something :hystery:

Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg :mocking:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I did not feel anything like an earthquake last night but I did last Friday. On February 6. 2012, we had a strong one (6.7) here that shook my chair so much that I thought it was breaking. Somewhere between 42 and 52 people were killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Visayas_earthquake

https://www.google.com.ph/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=earthquake+negros+occidental+2012

I looked online for last night but nothing showed up but the Philippines has had 9 in the past 30 days:

http://earthquaketrack.com/p/philippines/recent

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Quake Feb 5.jpg Not that Big # 3+ but not good either. Pic courtesy Of member Sonjack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I always though we were somewhat away from the Quake and Typhoon Path down here on Negros Oriental but Azon told me at breakfast that we had one (a quake) about 3 am time and some Tremors after, This apparently is the Second in 2 weeks. Neither woke me and from what my girls have said, they were not too bad so no need to scurry around getting alarmed, So I slept On:mocking:  ( Well they let me)

Apart from a few scares in Spain (while visiting the middle Plains) I have never lived in a place that gets them but the Girls & neighbours tell me it is about this time of year they happen, I have not seen any reports yet but just wondered if anyone else this way has any more news? 

Jack:huh:

Morning All :morning1:

Are you sure it was a real earthquake Jack at 3am???  Who was  having the tremors, haha??

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Are you sure it was a real earthquake Jack at 3am???  Who was  having the tremors, haha??

Bad Taste ( angry baby).jpg

• Like 1