Dumaguete Gathering Thursday March 9

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Dumaguete Gathering in March

Is there is a gathering next month, when and where?

My wife and I will be in the Philippines from February 22nd to March 15th. Main reason is to attend my 50th Class Reunion at De La Salle University in Manila. A first cousin who is not doing well, healthwise, resides about 30 minutes from Dumaguete city. We will try to schedule a visit. Let me know the date, time and location of any gathering

I think we can maybe arrange for a meet in your time frame at the beginning of march.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think we can maybe arrange for a meet in your time frame at the beginning of march.

Yes, our monthly gathering would normally be in about 3 weeks from now.  That would put it on or about Wed March 8 at 1 o'clock.  Let us know in this thread if there is a better date for you before we firm up a date. 

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Dumaguete Gathering in March

What about March 9th or 10th? Someone else in Manila is coordinating our travel itinerary. My wife has her own schedule teaching Yoga & Tai-Chi to friends, while our alumni group has multiple activities including out of town trips. I can't reserve tickets to Dumaguete until after our Philippine arrival. 

Our stay is in Tanza (?) so I probably need to hire a car & driver to get back to the city.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

What about March 9th or 10th?

March 9th is a Thursday so that is likely just fine.  We tend to get together mid week most of the time as some members have lots going on during the weekends.

Can you (and all other interested peeps) do Thursday March 9?  Probably at Coco Amigos as its a favorite of ours and centrally located.  It would be nice to get a larger than normal group so we can fix more of the world's problems :-)  And Coco's also has Canadian Whiskey (if I did not drink it all last time - I forget) just in case beer or coffee is not to your liking :7500:

You mentioned a place called Tanza and I am not familiar with it.  If you mean Tanjay (pronounced tan-high by the locals) then its close enough that you could get to town by jeepney in an hour or so.  Or there is a Ceres bus or there is the option of hiring car or motorcycle etc.  Hope to meet you there.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

March 9th is a Thursday so that is likely just fine.

Good for me people:thumbsup:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2017 at 4:19 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

March 9th is a Thursday so that is likely just fine.  We tend to get together mid week most of the time as some members have lots going on during the weekends.

Thanks Dae,

We will try our best to schedule our trip to be there on March 9th. We will confirm after our arrival in the Philippines.

My wife and I are looking forward to meeting forum members from Dumaguete.

Aloha - J.J. Reyes

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I will try my best to be there, haha try keeping me away.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Sorry everyone, but my wife and I won't make it to the March 9th gathering. Certain issues have surfaced with regards to the sale of our 40+ hectares mango farm. My time would have to be spent in family meetings. The transaction is already three years delayed. During that time period, the local currency has depreciated more than 10% which really pisses me off. Good for everyone whose funds come from overseas, but not for me.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Sorry everyone, but my wife and I won't make it to the March 9th gathering

I gave your post a "like" for telling people in advance that you  cannot make it.  It does not mean I "like" it that you are not coming  :hystery:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Sorry everyone, but my wife and I won't make it to the March 9th gathering. Certain issues have surfaced with regards to the sale of our 40+ hectares mango farm. My time would have to be spent in family meetings. The transaction is already three years delayed. During that time period, the local currency has depreciated more than 10% which really pisses me off. Good for everyone whose funds come from overseas, but not for me.

Sorry to hear that hope it all works out quickly for the best.

• Like 1