We are talking about moving to the Philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

When we move there we will construct a 12 room hotel for income. What advice do you all have to offer? 

With a wife who is used to western standards, as are you, don't even think about it unless you have enough money to support yourselves to the tune of US$2,500 a month plus.  Just MHO.  You will find you want more than that.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

With a wife who is used to western standards, as are you, don't even think about it unless you have enough money to support yourselves to the tune of US$2,500 a month plus.  Just MHO.  You will find you want more than that.

Right on Dave!  This is a big one.  You're not in Kansas anymore......you gotta downgrade your lifestyle by realizing the life of luxury needs to be seriously analyzed. Back to the basics works for me.

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forum fototek1,

Hobbies, well you could always try for a place with the Filipino Bob Sleigh Team :mocking:

Hope all goes well with your plans, good luck for the future.....JB

Edited by Kuya John
spelling
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I would not be too quick to discount woodworking as a hobby.

Member DaveWe makes Guitars, A hobby he brought with him that I just know he could turn into a business

Anyway  Welcome.jpg

• Like 5

robert k
Posted
Posted

I found that I had no choice but to do some woodworking. I wanted a box built from boards and not plywood and basically everyone I talked to told me it had to be made out of plywood. I didn't want plywood. I went around and started buying tools and materials and did the job myself. I was willing to pay someone as much as it cost me, tools included to build the box the way I wanted but nobody wanted to do it my way. My filipina friend wasn't quite sure why I wanted the box built the way I wanted it until the end when I lifted the box to shoulder height and threw it down to test it.

• Like 5