We are talking about moving to the Philippines

jpbago
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

On a BB the BI do not know you are here

I wonder if those on BB are counted as tourists. The estimate was 14 million but in reality, it came in at 5.9 million. And now that everyone is going to Malaysia, it will never get to 14 million.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, jpbago said:

I wonder if those on BB are counted as tourists.

Yes they are JP that is what the BB is all about, It is stamped by Immigration on behalf of the Tourist Board, until one does an extension after 1 year, you are just here. ( But only you know it) in Fact I don't think they even have to have an ECC

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fototek1 said:

I am not willing to give up good coffee and I want an American style bathroom .

I guess we are all different. I've got little trouble over how I squat, sit, whatever, so long as the job is done and my backside comes out clean at the end of it. And if you ask me, the Filipinos have the jump on Kanos in the cleanliness department, and you might even come to enjoy the feel of that cool stream of water on your hairy starfish. Regarding coffee, switching to instant to have with my rice and eggs isn't going to be a dealbreaker any more, since even the good stuff has been giving me heartburn lately anyway.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

Oh, I know that as well. My wife was hard to train...I guess I need 2 bathrooms :89:. Actually that is on the want list not need. 

Won't make one iota of difference, we have 2 bathrooms both resemble a wading pool after her morning and evening shower.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Regarding coffee, switching to instant to have with my rice and eggs isn't going to be a dealbreaker any more, since even the good stuff has been giving me heartburn lately anyway.

There has been quite an improvement in brewed coffee lately from local beans of varied types from P600 up to P1,000 per kilo.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fototek1 said:

Oh, I know that as well. My wife was hard to train..

:hystery: Oooops.jpg Sorry my Friend but this is where I made a Drastic Mistake Thinking I could Train my two (Daughter was Young when I was away But Grew up) at age 13 when I retired I soon learned that to live here I had to rethink things, a Wife and a Teenage thingy :whistling: were more than a match for me :571c66d400c8c_1(103): What she will do (No Doubt) is to train you to the Local way of life, YEP! I fought it & lost.

Go with the Flow, We have all been there so don't worry about letting us know how things pan out, We all love a Fighter, especially if they Win.

BTW When is all this happening? 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

The one and only Argument I have won here in 9 years was about the car.

Would you mind sharing that story? Mine is, I don't want a car, she says but you're a foreigner you can afford it..... (circle back to my thread about not buying a house until/if we come back after moving to the States)

2 hours ago, fototek1 said:

Oh, I know that as well. My wife was hard to train...I guess I need 2 bathrooms :89:. Actually that is on the want list not need. 

Come on now - every man who lives with a woman knows you need a 2nd bathroom... :nudie:

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reboot said:

From what I've heard, in the US there's no money that can buy the sweet comfort of lying in the evening with a stomach full of tasty rice and lechon next to a lovely Filipina, gently nodding off to the soft sounds of diesel jeepneys, trikes, karaoke, the wife next door arguing with her husband over where he spent his day, punctuated with the noises of bakla lovemaking in the unit on the the other side, and the crowing of the gamey cocks ready to throw their sharp spurs into battle. So there's definitely that.

The only thing I dislike more than rice 7 days per week is the noise of karaoke and noise and smoke from vehicles. That would drive me nuts. Luckily where we live the noise and smoke problem don't exist and we most definitely enjoy a good American diet most of the time.. What's fun is taking the kids to the VFW post for lunch. Don't know why but they love the place.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Nephi said:

The only thing I dislike more than rice 7 days per week is the noise of karaoke and noise and smoke from vehicles. That would drive me nuts. Luckily where we live the noise and smoke problem don't exist and we most definitely enjoy a good American diet most of the time.. What's fun is taking the kids to the VFW post for lunch. Don't know why but they love the place.

I guess it all depends on what you're used to. I grew up eating rice probably 5 days a week. Not wednesdays though. Mom made spaghetti on wednesdays. Not always white rice either. Yellow rice with chicken sometimes. Its my favorite starch so that part of the Filipino diet doesn't phase me much. 

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I guess it all depends on what you're used to. I grew up eating rice probably 5 days a week. Not wednesdays though. Mom made spaghetti on wednesdays. Not always white rice either. Yellow rice with chicken sometimes. Its my favorite starch so that part of the Filipino diet doesn't phase me much. 

You're lucky on the rice thing for sure. I do eat and like the brown rice and the black is even better. Sometimes I'll make black rice and use it as hot breakfast cereal with toast. See, now you're making me hungry at after 2:30 in the afternoon! Hahaha...

• Like 2