We are talking about moving to the Philippines

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I Totally Understand your points of view and many should come to understand that we give in far too easy for a quiet life but there are times when we do have to be a Little Hard, Life is never easy but if we use our Top Heads correctly we can get it all right at the end of the day:thumbsup:

ahhh yes... pick your battles... don't sweat the small stuff...

• Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well my friend The story is, I never wanted/needed a car But with TM (our daughter) going into K12 and changing from Science High to Silliman High the extra Workload meant extra Things to carry about, her School times are ever changing and I felt it was too much for Azon to be out and about at all hours (In the Dark as well) with her having a Full time job, Not only that but TM has shot up in height and 3 of us an a bike seemed illogical so a car was the answer, I will add that I had put this off for over 5 years.

The Argument was not about "Have a Car or Not" it was about what to get, I was adamant that we would not get a Gas guzzling Status symbol SUV and as I would be the one to Pay for it, I choose much to my surprise, something they Both Liked So we plumped for an Economical 1.4  Suzuki Ciaz, Funnily enough, the Colour Shown  Suzuki Ciaz.jpg We needed a family car and that is what I fought for and Gladly won the War on. I think they both now Understand that NEED and WANT are two separate things

I Totally Understand your points of view and many should come to understand that we give in far too easy for a quiet life but there are times when we do have to be a Little Hard, Life is never easy but if we use our Top Heads correctly we can get it all right at the end of the day:thumbsup:

Of Course Dad's Taxi is reborn:shades:

That's beautiful Jack. Both the post and the indisputable logic behind it. Logic and common sense is in very short supply and there truly comes a time when it must be used. That Dad's taxi requires lots of your time but well worth it and can be lots of fun spending time with the kids in doing so.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Nephi said:

That's beautiful Jack. Both the post and the indisputable logic behind it. Logic and common sense is in very short supply and there truly comes a time when it must be used. That Dad's taxi requires lots of your time but well worth it and can be lots of fun spending time with the kids in doing so.

Thank you.jpg :smile:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, jpbago said:

I wonder if those on BB are counted as tourists. The estimate was 14 million but in reality, it came in at 5.9 million. And now that everyone is going to Malaysia, it will never get to 14 million.

Maybe they are counting t-shirt sales to get the numbers?

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

Maybe they are counting t-shirt sales to get the numbers?

I'm sure NAIA coundn't handle anything like 14 million passengers let alone 14 million tourist. I think they count every passenger as a tourist although if you took away all of the OFW and filipinos just visiting family the number of foriegn tourist would be down to just a handfull.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I'm sure NAIA coundn't handle anything like 14 million passengers let alone 14 million tourist. I think they count every passenger as a tourist although if you took away all of the OFW and filipinos just visiting family the number of foriegn tourist would be down to just a handfull.

If I remember correctly, the 14 million number was a BI projection (a bad one) of tourists for 2015 or 2016 made in 2012 or so. Turns out the used the same polling firms that predicted Brexit and the US presidential election..... OK, I made up the second sentence but I think the first is pretty accurate if not exact.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, fototek1 said:

Davewe, you have an excellent point and it sounds as though you and I think the same way. I actually have been simplifying life and expenses here in the US for many years. We have enough cash outside of our 401k to live for 10 years in the US......I am 45 and can tap my 401K at 59 1/2 and that in todays dollars at todays expenses would get us another 15 years. Then at 65 I have a tiny pension ($1300/ month that will always be just $1300). Then there is Social security at 68. I have also tried to figure out what things cost in the Philippines "that I can not live without". I am not willing to give up good coffee and I want an American style bathroom . I really dont like the wet toilet and the tabo. I would like to be able to do things in retirement and enjoy life. I am not interested in sitting around and rotting away.

Thank you all again

It sounds like you have done your due diligence and thought these things threw. Sounds like a key to success. And BTW, that "tiny" pension will not be so tiny in the Philippines!

earthdome
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, jpbago said:

There has been quite an improvement in brewed coffee lately from local beans of varied types from P600 up to P1,000 per kilo.

That sounds expensive. I was buying local dark roasted Benguet Province beans for 115 peso's per half kilo. And this was at SM. You can get the civet beans but those are very expensive.

• Like 1