We are talking about moving to the Philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The law is a foreigner can not own a gun but these places are a controlled environment where you pay to use and do not take the gun off premises. I have seen many of videos of a tourist at gun ranges trying out all sorts of guns.

I agree that I have seen and heard of the same.  As I read the law, there is not a single mention of "foreigner" or "alien".  It says that only a citizen can own and possess a firearm.  But all laws here are open to interpretation.

https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2013/ra_10591_2013.html

boyee
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The law is a foreigner can not own a gun but these places are a controlled environment where you pay to use and do not take the gun off premises. I have seen many of videos of a tourist at gun ranges trying out all sorts of guns.

I agree that I have seen and heard of the same.  As I read the law, there is not a single mention of "foreigner" or "alien".  It says that only a citizen can own and possess a firearm.  But all laws here are open to interpretation.

Well than Fototek1,  start planting Mahogany and Narra trees, buy your wife a long rifle, and ... invest in an artificial snow maker.  There you have it all your hobby's are doable!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, boyee said:

Well than Fototek1,  start planting Mahogany and Narra trees, buy your wife a long rifle, and ... invest in an artificial snow maker.  There you have it all your hobby's are doable!

I think you are missing the point.Once he is holding the gun he is in possession. A licenced shooting range could be an exception. 

boyee
Posted
Posted

Well than!  How about Archery?  If you aim it at the clouds it goes far.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

. A licenced shooting range could be an exception. 

I tend to think it would be the Only exception :89:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I tend to think it would be the Only exception

OK, not sure where my head is at today but picture this:  Your wife has a firearm, legally registered to her, in her house.  She has it chained to the wall so it's her gun, chained to the wall of her house with her chain.  If you pick up that gun for a close look, it is still in her possession.  If someone busts through the front door at that moment and you aim the gun and shoot him I bet you could claim the gun was always in your wife's possession and you just happened to be cleaning it for her when someone broke in.

:571b119686cf7_1(72):

Or maybe not :Count_Sheep:

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Or maybe not :Count_Sheep:

Good night  said zebidee.jpg i think it is best all round :whistling:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I tend to think it would be the Only exception :89:

I do too but since I have no proof that is even legal I left it open.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If someone busts through the front door at that moment and you aim the gun and shoot him I bet you could claim the gun was always in your wife's possession and you just happened to be cleaning it for her when someone broke in.

Now Dave we are really getting into a what if. What if someone broke in and you say the gun fell off the wall and shot the victim. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you pick up that gun for a close look, it is still in her possession. 

Not really - it's in your possession whilst it remains her possession

• Hmm thinking 1