Malaysia

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

RBM, I've looked at that area, and it really appealed to me too. I love Malaysian food, and their language is similar to Visayan in many ways. I think I'd also choose Malaysia as a fallback country too. Sorry no personal experience visiting there. There must be a Malaysian expat site somewhere that you could get some insights from too.

Are you sure that a transfer to another island in the Philippines is not something that you want to do instead? If a new country move is what you really want, I would think that anywhere in Malaysia would be nice.

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2017 at 9:22 PM, Queenie O. said:

RBM, I've looked at that area, and it really appealed to me too. I love Malaysian food, and their language is similar to Visayan in many ways. I think I'd also choose Malaysia as a fallback country too. Sorry no personal experience visiting there. There must be a Malaysian expat site somewhere that you could get some insights from too.

Are you sure that a transfer to another island in the Philippines is not something that you want to do instead? If a new country move is what you really want, I would think that anywhere in Malaysia would be nice.

Guess soon will make a thread on this crazy situation I am in as could happen to a one given same experiences.  No thanks but another Island does not help in any way.

The area of a Georgetown Penang and Cameron Highlands seems to be me, in all the years I have been on and off here have always fitted in good with locals, how ever get off side with wrong one through no fault of your own...look out.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2017 at 4:17 PM, Nephi said:

Rich or poor, Filipinos share a lot of the same trait's. One of those is that in most cases they will not confront you physically. Rather they wait for a time and get you from the back so to speak when you are not looking and not suspecting it. If this guy is well to do, he would easily have the P10,000 it costs to take you out permanently. Watch your back.

Yes and that works both ways.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes and that works both ways.

One wise man once said revenge is a recipe best eaten cold........

Kev I was going to post about this experience how ever in all honesty few except perhaps a few long term ex pats would believe me.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, RBM said:

I was going to post about this experience how ever in all honesty few except perhaps a few long term ex pats would believe me.

I hear ya!  Some of my true experiences have me doubting my own veracity at times.  But the stuff that goes on in this country makes Alice in Wonderland seem real.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I hear ya!  Some of my true experiences have me doubting my own veracity at times.  But the stuff that goes on in this country makes Alice in Wonderland seem real.

Malaysia beckoning.......

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, RBM said:

Malaysia beckoning......

Soon as I sell my house . .  save me a spot there LOL . .  Every time I google pics of cameron highlands malaysia I get the urge.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Soon as I sell my house . .  save me a spot there LOL . .  Every time I google pics of cameron highlands malaysia I get the urge.

Sooo that is a reservation for 2020 then? :mocking:

are there Filipinas there to help with that urge? :whistling:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Sooo that is a reservation for 2020 then? :mocking:

are there Filipinas there to help with that urge? :whistling:

Thailand is close by..........

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear of your situation RBM

I now see why some prefer to just rent rather than purchase a lot n house.

The more I research for a retirement place, the more I find obstacles, you have given yet another option to look into.

Hope all goes well with your plans, thank goodness not all Filipinos are the same.

Edited by Kuya John
correction
  • Like 3