Throw away ticket

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted

How risky is it not having a onward flight out of philippines..like i pretty sure im not leaving ..no one ever in manila airport has asked about a onward flight only in singapore and Sydney ...plus ill just extend my visa in july while getting married and applying for 13a ...thanks ps weathers turning on north samar

received_10207349383520852.jpeg

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jackdan67 said:

How risky is it not having a onward flight out of philippines

If you get in a situation where someone refuses to let you board or enter then the worst that would happen is you may lose your money for your plane ticket (if you have a non-refundable and they don't let you board) or if you get a strict Immigration officer he 'could' send you back on the next plane out.  I have read of that happening with certain nationalities but I do not know of any of our members being turned back so I imagine there are ways to work it out (perhaps book a ticket out on your laptop right then and there at the customs office if they insist)

For me its not about risk, its about convenience.  For a small amount of money you can buy a disposable exit ticket, fulfill the requirements, and stop worrying about it (you are obviously worried about it or would not ask the question :thumbsup: )

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Jackdan67 said:

How risky is it not having a onward flight out of philippines..like i pretty sure im not leaving ..no one ever in manila airport has asked about a onward flight only in singapore and Sydney ...plus ill just extend my visa in july while getting married and applying for 13a ...thanks ps weathers turning on north samar

received_10207349383520852.jpeg

When flying to Philippines, it is the airline in the origin country that poses the most risk.  When I flew on Delta (one way ticket) from the U.S., they asked for it.  When the family and I went to Singapore for the weekend, I was asked for it on the way back, as well as many others in the check-in line.  People were scrambling to find something on their phones as proof of it.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome and I experienced what you mention the first time I came here. 

As I was being checked at LAX they informed me that I could not board unless I had an exit ticket. They arranged for me to purchase a return ticket. In other words a round trip ticket. Later, when I arrived I was told that I could have purchased a one way ticket to Hong Kong from the Philippines and then throw it away. This all should have been done in advance and it would have saved me a lot of money.

Oh well, live and learn. As it would happen, I learned the hard way. 

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I posted this somewhere a while ago but cannot locate it.

This is what I have used and cheaper than a throw away and works just fine.

https://flyonward.com/en/

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was asked about an onward flight in Bangkok and again in Manila in January of last year.If I was you I would but the cheapest one you can get and save all the hassle. 

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I just flew in from Malaysia last week and the women at the counter requested to see my exit flight ticket before allowing me to board.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

As a 13a holder, even I was asked (very politely and in a circumspect manner) if I had a return ticket. I produced my 13a visa card, a supervisor was called and all ended well one she explained to the agent that I was a permanent resident. I would say over the years I have been asked about 50% of the time about a return ticket, and most likely the rest of the time the ticket agent actually read the itinerary.

• Like 4