Safety under the New Regime

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Methersgate said:

Quite happy with that. I was surprised to find it on Facebook, but then we know that much of whatlittle moderation Facebook practices is done at BPO outfits in the Philippines, so maybe I should not have been surprised.

I have a couple of filipino FB friends that are real life friends, some of the video's that put up for all to see are quite horrendous. Mostly about traffic accidents with no censorship at all, I watch a few seconds and just delete them, not something to watch while eating your cornflakes :angry:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I wasn't going to respond but I feel safer here in Davao City than I do in LA. 

Back home I am not without my 380. I am determined not to be a victim.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

This is a step in the right direction but first, plates must be available and they must enforce that plates be installed before the m/c is driven.

"If the bill – approved on Tuesday – is enacted into law, the Land Transportation Office (LTO) shall issue bigger and reflectorized plate numbers, which must be placed in the front and rear parts of the motorcycle.

The license plates should be big enough to be read from a distance of between 12 and 15 meters, the bill stated.
The LTO shall also devise a plate number color scheme for every region to easily identify where motorcycles are registered, and an alphanumeric system that will help the public easily identify and recollect plate numbers."

http://www.panaynews.net/bigger-motorcycle-plates-sought-in-fight-vs-crimes/

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jpbago said:

they must enforce that plates be installed before the m/c is driven.

And in the event of two guys with covered faces on a motorcycle you need to be sure they are not using stolen plates, which they would do so whats the point?

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And in the event of two guys with covered faces on a motorcycle you need to be sure they are not using stolen plates, which they would do so whats the point?

No Dave, they wouldn't waste time taking plates like that - it is the motorcycle that will be stolen. No messing around with complicated things like screws...

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

No Dave, they wouldn't waste time taking plates like that - it is the motorcycle that will be stolen. No messing around with complicated things like screws...

Hek, not even that, just make a hand written sign, "lost plate" and your good to go:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, scott h said:

Hek, not even that, just make a hand written sign, "lost plate" and your good to go:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Or get license plate helmets so like the riders, put the visors down so can't their faces or the plate numbers :crack-up:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Lets face it. Any god fearing murderer will never break the law by stealing a motorcycle or using false plates etc. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Lets face it. Any god fearing murderer will never break the law by stealing a motorcycle or using false plates etc. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Correct, in fact murderers typically wait for PNP roadblocks to be setup so they can go through and have their paperwork verified before heading out to the business at hand...