On 3/11/2017 at 8:06 PM, Jack Peterson said:

For JB nothing has changed:smile:

Ditto....:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted
On 3/11/2017 at 8:29 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

" As of January 2017, the Clock is set at two and a half minutes to midnight . . . . This setting is the Clock's second closest approach to midnight since its introduction."

We're doomed i tell you, doomed!

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Ok guys n gals lets refine the question

A planned trip later this year will take us to Mindanao.

There are a few members living there, how secure would forum members who don't  live there, feel about visiting relatives who do?

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Ok guys n gals lets refine the question

A planned trip later this year will take us to Mindanao.

There are a few members living there, how secure would forum members who don't  live there, feel about visiting relatives who do?

Well I can see 1 potential problem with that,have the UK government advised no travel to that area.If they have you would have no travel insurance.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well I can see 1 potential problem with that,have the UK government advised no travel to that area.If they have you would have no travel insurance.

UK Government has issued warnings against travel to Mindanao, certain areas  no go and only essential travel elsewhere

If not covered by travel insurance I guess that rules that one out.

You may be right Dave meet up in Cebu :thumbsup: 

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
On 3/11/2017 at 4:29 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I do not feel any safer or less safe than before.  Life has always been cheap here so flying "under the radar" keeps us foreigners safe most of the time.  I do feel that the world in general is closer to the end of times:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

" As of January 2017, the Clock is set at two and a half minutes to midnight . . . . This setting is the Clock's second closest approach to midnight since its introduction."

Hmm.........jpg

Hmm, what a co-ink-ka-dink.....a new guy in office and soon after, the Doomsday Clock advanced by a couple minutes. 

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My wife won't even visit Mindanao. I talked about a couple areas that are supposed to be real pretty and she said there is no way we are ever going.  Even the locals know better than to go...  :tiphat:

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Mindanao is my home. Certain parts are dangerous, these are well documented, but Mindanao is a big island. Where I live is the fruit basket of the Philippines, the ecology is beautiful, the local people are some of the kindest and helpful I've ever met. Not too far from my home are fantastic beaches and many other attractions that visitors, as well as locals, love to enjoy. If people wish to dismiss the whole of Mindanao by preconceived fears then that is there choice. It appears to me though that the most vocal doomsayers are those that have never visited, sadly those people then miss out on this most beautiful island.

• Like 5