Annoying habit

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I've now got to work out how to either get her out of my rented condo

Story time:  I was renting a place during my first month (a decade ago now) and switched gfs over night.  The ex did not have a key and I did not expect she would come over without permission and if she did then i did not expect the security guard to let her in, unlock the door to my suite, and allow her to walk in on me and my new gf in a naked, compromised position.  First Philippine lesson complete. :-)

• Like 5

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As a type 2 diabetic I find the availability of sugar free options like cola and bread patchy at best, the restaurants often run out of the diet option and seem to have no urgency in restocking.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gary D said:

As a type 2 diabetic I find the availability of sugar free options like cola and bread patchy at best, the restaurants often run out of the diet option and seem to have no urgency in restocking.

Yes and it surprises me, given the amount of Diabetics there are here. :89: But............. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

High blood pressure and an escalating number of diabetics, that leads to Heart Disease. Being a Stroke Survivor, Diabetes is something I don't need so I have said, it either changes or I will eat out

Eating out is not a good option, not just here but in most countries as usually they use too much salt, msg, and other ingredients that are high in fat or calories. Restaurants in Canada now have to put the calorie count on all their menu items. You would be surprised in some dishes as to how many calories.

A better option is to cook your own meals. It really is not difficult and we do have the time. Biggest problem is finding proper ingredients. Soon after you start to do your own cooking, she will say "Let me do it." Then it is a win-win. Exercise helps in preventing both diabetes and high cholesterol. I know that you do some walking so try to double it. You can also self test your blood sugar at various times in the day to see how you react to different foods. It is better to get it under control now.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not quite all.  You forgot to mention cholesterol.  For some reason I eat no fat and Lynn eats no lean, so betwixt us both we lick the platter clean.  But for some reason I am the one with the cholesterol problem?  Try serving pork chops to a  filipina with the fat trimmed off.  They don't like it.  We will buy two pork chops and instead of eating one each, I will eat the lean meat from both and she will eat all the fat (tambok) and love it.  She and the pharmacist had a good laugh over that yesterday as I was buying my statin meds.

I got off the satins 1 blood pressure medication in 30 days lost 12 pouns too.  If you find them don't return.  I was refereed by an expat to the LCHF diet.  So far so good will go for physical in June or July to see how much sugar droped (was 115 last time and they were talking about meds I told them NO stopped the Satin on my own after reading a study that said after five years the drugs increased life by three days.  Cholesterol is way down now also (197 from 220) the hardest part about the diet to me is no fruit but as  eat the second rasher of bacon it subsides.

Google it LCHF diet I'm doing my second month of 20 carbs or less a day, once I get to 205 or 210 I'll try and move to 40-100. Can't wait to eat the jelly donuts.

Low Carb High Fat is easy to sta on because they say to eat until you're full.

You know I never even preached when I quit smoking 

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2017 at 9:39 AM, frosty (chris) said:

Was the same in our house, you eat what's in front of you or go hungry.

I have tried with limited success to get SWMBO to eat a more healthy rounded diet ( fruit and vegies ) and not so much white rice but I am fighting a losing battle me thinks:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I have for years tried to get my wife to eat less rice and more fruit and veg with little success.@ weeks ago she was diagnosed as having vertigo and the Doc told her to eat more fruit and veg,now she has at least started more of them oh and she is cutting down on white rice.The problem is they will not listen to foreigners. 

Edited by sonjack2847
spelling
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

The problem is they will not listen to foreigners. 

You do know why that is right?  Its because foreigners ask too many questions, therefore they must be "confused" and if the foreigner is confused then better to trust what you already know.  (That was right out of the mouth of a filipina that I used to think was purty smart).

• Like 5