Rational thinking

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I used to run a home improvement company in the uk.The window would always made first then the hole cut to size,and window fitted. There rational thinking.Maybe if you are insistent to have a new window you could cover the hole with plywood.

Now this sounds logical more than Rational :whistling: But.......:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

"Oh no, Sir.  We must visually inspect the hole when it is complete and re-measure to be sure that we build an accurate sized window.  So if the hole is ready by Thursday then we come out Friday to check the measurements, then we build the window on Monday and Tuesday and maybe we can install it on Wednesday so Yes, Sir you will have a HUGE hole in your wall for about 6 days so enjoy the fresh air."

I dont think that is that not rational as what's the point of making the window and then finding the contractor has not cut the hole to exactly the size you requested. 

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont think that is that not rational as what's the point of making the window and then finding the contractor has not cut the hole to exactly the size you requested. 

I agree, when we built the builder made the space for the window, I gave the measurements to the window company then they came out to check the exact size. Then if the window is incorrect when fitted, the onus is on them to replace. I understand it is an upheaval when the house is completed and already lived in. As a suggestion, try a ready made window and have the space cut to that size.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

you could cover the hole with plywood.

Plywood costs quite a bit unless you have a spare bit lying around.  I'll use some plastic.  The hole is already done.  Took 2 guys about 4 hours but it will take another day to finish it up and make it smooth and square for the window guys.  With luck they can measure the hole tomorrow . . . AHA, as I was typing this my neighbor came to the rescue with some scraps of plywood and the hole is covered for tonight.  What a freakin' dusty mess the house is though.  :Caught:  Needs beer but cannot find beer emticon . . wtf

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If a person can't measure a rectangular hole to make sure the guys made it the correct size, that person has much bigger problens than a window.

11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The hole is already done.  What a freakin' dusty mess the house is though.  :Caught:  Needs beer but cannot find beer emticon . . wtf

Maybe Butch Cassidy and the Gang will swing by thinking it is their place???

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Needs beer but cannot find beer emticon . . wtf

beer sori sori.jpg just for you dave Mate!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

just for you dave Mate!

I decided to wait until the window is in and the dust has settled and then the beer will taste better :-)

• Like 5

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Talking about dust, a friend of mine had a new bathroom fitted and left instructions to the plumber to drill a hole in the wall for the waste as the bathroom backed outside. He then made the mistake of going out for the day. On returning he walked into the house and couldn't see across the lounge for the dust hanging in the air. The plumber had totally ignored his instructions and had cut with an angle grinder a slot diagonally across the lounge for the drain pipe. It was also installed with no fall so would block on a regular basis.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, i am bob said:

Jake, my friend?  If I saw a lovely young lady at the beach dressed like that..?  Either she's under 16 or over 30...  Or she's looking for another member of the club..!  :mocking:

It doesn't matter to me even she's 98 years old, if she still looks like that.  My most critical beauty characteristic would be if she has a nice camel toe......

Camel toed.jpg

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

If a person can't measure a rectangular hole to make sure the guys made it the correct size, that person has much bigger problens than a window.

I dont think you read what I said :smile: