Rational thinking

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

This could bring in a whole new topic off who has separated from their dream woman after meeting and getting to know them. I'm now on number three that never made the grade. Lovely first impressions but fortunately they can't keep the mask on 24hrs a day. :whistling:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

This could bring in a whole new topic off who has separated from their dream woman after meeting and getting to know them Lovely first impressions but fortunately they can't keep the mask on 24hrs a day. :whistling:

Well  we should know by now most ladies are prone to have 2 faces :shades:

6 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

now on number three that never made the grade.

censored.png :hystery: Man you have a way with words EH?

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Here is how I see it.

If and when you decide to "commit" to someone you have never met in person and in another part of the world it's a lot like a gamble with dice.

You can get a 7 or an 11 or snake eyes or box cars. Win or lose or continue to play and hope you get lucky. 

It's a gamble any way you look at it but it's more like wishful thinking and hoping. 

I found that there is no need to rush to the alter. There are plenty of good women here. 

My wife and I had a one year engagement. I had my condo and she lived in her house much to the delight of her parents. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I found that there is no need to rush to the alter. There are plenty of good women here. 

My wife and I had a one year engagement. I had my condo and she lived in her house much to the delight of her parents. 

Sound advice.  1 year is fair.  Even 2 years in some cases.  But if you live with her too long without setting a date for the marriage there is a chance she will think the "engagement" is all talk with no action and thus there is a chance she will look for someone who will "walk the walk" down the aisle.  Such has been my experience but as you say, there are plenty of good women here.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Let the adventure begin for the newly arrived expat.  As one gets the taste of the local flavor(s), should we worry about the possibility of unwanted or untimely pregnancy?  Should we care?  Hit and run, like the local Filipinos do.  

Or perhaps even worse, should we care about contracting sexual transmitted disease, especially AIDS?  I'm old fashion in this regard and although I hate wearing a raincoat, it would be prudent at my age to follow that simple precaution.  

Life does not become simpler or less stressful -- I want to enjoy a cold San Magoo as long as possible....he, he.   

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Under the topic of rational thinking, here is today's lack of it.   I want to enlarge the window in my bedroom and change it from jalousie to slider so my first stop was at a decent quality window shop.

The window shop sent out a man who measured the wall for the maximum practical size window and sent me back to the shop to discuss details/price.  I found out that the window price is fair and the quality is good but they will not supply or recommend a man to enlarge the hole in the concrete wall so I had to find my own contractor for that.  I also found out that it will take them 2 days to build the window for me.

So I found a man to enlarge the hole to the exact size specified by the window maker.  It will take him 2 days to do it.  I went back to the window maker and said:  "Start making the window as you said it would take 2 days and the hole will be ready in 2 days so take my deposit and schedule an install".  What do you suppose the logical response is?  I'll put what she said in a spoiler so you can take a guess before reading.

Reveal hidden contents

If the hole and the window could not be made and installed in a day, I would rather do without than live with a hole in my wall.

My rational thinking or lack of it.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Under the topic of rational thinking, here is today's lack of it.   I want to enlarge the window in my bedroom and change it from jalousie to slider so my first stop was at a decent quality window shop.

The window shop sent out a man who measured the wall for the maximum practical size window and sent me back to the shop to discuss details/price.  I found out that the window price is fair and the quality is good but they will not supply or recommend a man to enlarge the hole in the concrete wall so I had to find my own contractor for that.  I also found out that it will take them 2 days to build the window for me.

So I found a man to enlarge the hole to the exact size specified by the window maker.  It will take him 2 days to do it.  I went back to the window maker and said:  "Start making the window as you said it would take 2 days and the hole will be ready in 2 days so take my deposit and schedule an install".  What do you suppose the logical response is?  I'll put what she said in a spoiler so you can take a guess before reading.

Hide contents

"Oh no, Sir.  We must visually inspect the hole when it is complete and re-measure to be sure that we build an accurate sized window.  So if the hole is ready by Thursday then we come out Friday to check the measurements, then we build the window on Monday and Tuesday and maybe we can install it on Wednesday so Yes, Sir you will have a HUGE hole in your wall for about 6 days so enjoy the fresh air."

I used to run a home improvement company in the uk.The window would always made first then the hole cut to size,and window fitted. There rational thinking.Maybe if you are insistent to have a new window you could cover the hole with plywood.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Maybe if you are insistent to have a new window you could cover the hole with plywood.

What size would the plywood have to be?:shades:

• Like 4