Large sums of money transactions from the UK

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Has anyone transferred a large amount out of the Philippines and how was it done?

I know of a fellow from "another forum" who sold his house for 10 million pesos and moved back to the US.  He posted there (a year or three ago) that he simply went into his Philippine bank manager and told him what he had done and they took care of sending the money to the US for him.  No mention of what it cost him to do that but rumor was that he sold the house at less than it cost him to build it.  Just anecdotal evidence that it can be done.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jpbago said:

Has anyone transferred a large amount out of the Philippines and how was it done?

Simple answer is yes, I did it 2 weeks ago now, when you say large amount what do you consider a Large amount  I returned the 16.000 euros I know longer needed here back to my Bank in Madrid (Spain) Cost 2.000 peso (38 Euro) Took 1 day to get there.

If you have a Bank you can trust (and I do trust PNB) it is easy as if it was the other way around, Gee whizz people it is your Money to do as you wish

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a line
  • Like 3