Shipping Boxes back to the UK?

Montgomery Cliff
Posted
Posted

Morning All.

Am having a problem and would welcome guidance.  After many happy years here we are relocating back to the UK.  Have managed to reduce important personal items to approx 11 large size Balikbayan boxes.  Only problem is finding someone who will ship them back (sea-freight) to the UK.

We do not have enough to fill a small container so are probably looking at consolidating the load.  

A UK based Balikbayan Company that we have regularly used for London - Manila boxes quoted an eye-watering GBP 2000-00 to ship the boxes. Another freight forwarder here says they can only do air-freight for us.

Do any members have suggestions for a reliable / not wildly expensive firm that may assist.  We need a pick-up from Metro Manila with then either a service to door in the UK or, if necessary, a UK Port pick-up.

Thanks in advance.  Monty.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Monty, I have not done this personally but I did inquire about sending BB boxes to the states for a relative. The local LBc would only air freight also, but the guys working there told me that the LBC out let near the NAIA will for basically the same cost as shipping to the Philippines. I did not go there and verify but it might be worth a look. Good luck.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This is the contact info of a fellow I used to know casually.  He deals in that kind of thing, or at least he did 5 years ago when I was aquainted with him.  Maybe you want to give him a try.  I will put the info in a spoiler so the web robots don't pick it up and spam the guy.

Spoiler

DOUGLAS R. RODERICK
Vice President for Sales IFF
ROYAL CARGO COMBINED LOGISTICS, INC.
Royal Cargo Building, Sta. Agueda Avenue, Pascor Drive
Parañaque City, Metro Manila 1704 - Philippines
Tel +63 (2) 851-6229 Loc. 224 • Fax +63 (2) 851-7454
Direct Line +63 (2) 851-1114 • Mobile +63 (917) 587-7486

A member of the Royal Cargo Group of Companies

For more information, please visit our website at http://www.royalcargo.com

Montgomery Cliff
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, scott h said:

Monty, I have not done this personally but I did inquire about sending BB boxes to the states for a relative. The local LBc would only air freight also, but the guys working there told me that the LBC out let near the NAIA will for basically the same cost as shipping to the Philippines. I did not go there and verify but it might be worth a look. Good luck.

Thanks Scott...I'll try the NAIA branch.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Montgomery Cliff said:

NAIA branch

it is near the duty free on Sukat road

Montgomery Cliff
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, scott h said:

it is near the duty free on Sukat road

Got it. Thanks

Montgomery Cliff
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This is the contact info of a fellow I used to know casually. 

Reveal hidden contents

DOUGLAS R. RODERICK
Vice President for Sales IFF
ROYAL CARGO COMBINED LOGISTICS, INC.
Royal Cargo Building, Sta. Agueda Avenue, Pascor Drive
Parañaque City, Metro Manila 1704 - Philippines
Tel +63 (2) 851-6229 Loc. 224 • Fax +63 (2) 851-7454
Direct Line +63 (2) 851-1114 • Mobile +63 (917) 587-7486

A member of the Royal Cargo Group of Companies

For more information, please visit our website at http://www.royalcargo.com

Thanks Dave.  Think this is a company we have already contacted but will check again..

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Dave,

How do you insert the spoiler/hidden content?  JGF recently deleted a contact a gve to help on another thread and that seems like a better way of doing it I admit .

Sorry JGF for putting personal data.

Cheers

Steve

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

How do you insert the spoiler/hidden content?  JGF recently deleted a contact a gve to help on another thread

I never asked JGF if it was OK to do this so he may have different instructions but I look at the formatting options on the second line of the Reply Box and find the little eye.  Hover on it and it says "spoiler".  Click on it and . . .

Spoiler

Anything you write in the text box that opens up is hidden until the reader presses the Spoiler button.  I THINK that hides the contact info from people who are phishing for it.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:44 AM, Montgomery Cliff said:

Morning All.

Am having a problem and would welcome guidance.  After many happy years here we are relocating back to the UK.  Have managed to reduce important personal items to approx 11 large size Balikbayan boxes.  Only problem is finding someone who will ship them back (sea-freight) to the UK.

We do not have enough to fill a small container so are probably looking at consolidating the load.  

A UK based Balikbayan Company that we have regularly used for London - Manila boxes quoted an eye-watering GBP 2000-00 to ship the boxes. Another freight forwarder here says they can only do air-freight for us.

Do any members have suggestions for a reliable / not wildly expensive firm that may assist.  We need a pick-up from Metro Manila with then either a service to door in the UK or, if necessary, a UK Port pick-up.

Thanks in advance.  Monty.

Was wondering if you had any luck in setting up shipment Out of the PI for your boxes?  trying to figure out for us as we move To the PI, but with an exit plan if needed later on for kid's schooling, etc.  thanks.