UK Tourist/Visitor Visa For Unmarried Filipina Partner

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 5/6/2017 at 7:22 AM, Gratefuled said:

I'm from the states and I plan on getting my wife a spousal visa next time I go to LA.

I plan on hiring a lawyer to do the legwork and paperwork. I know how tedious and time consuming this can become. I don't have the patience for that. 

It can take a year to get a CR-1 visa if you initiate the process in the US. It is so much easier and faster to do it if you start the process at the US Embassy in Manila. It only took us 3 months to get the CR-1 spouse visa via DCF (Direct Consular Filing) for my wife. You are eligible to do DCF if the petitioner (you) has resided at least 6 months in the Philippines. Some of the headaches related to filing for a spouse visa can not be done by a lawyer in LA since it requires you or your spouse to get documents from NBI, NSO, etc. I strongly recommend you file DCF.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, earthdome said:

It can take a year to get a CR-1 visa if you initiate the process in the US. It is so much easier and faster to do it if you start the process at the US Embassy in Manila. It only took us 3 months to get the CR-1 spouse visa via DCF (Direct Consular Filing) for my wife. You are eligible to do DCF if the petitioner (you) has resided at least 6 months in the Philippines. Some of the headaches related to filing for a spouse visa can not be done by a lawyer in LA since it requires you or your spouse to get documents from NBI, NSO, etc. I strongly recommend you file DCF.

Thanks, I shall look into this soon.