Great Sterling exchange rate

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I just got 63.4 php to the £1 today at Makati Square Mall. A good 1 php higher than most currency exchangers and about 3.5 higher than the banks. Now would be a good time to cash in before the French Elections.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I just got 63.4 php to the £1 today at Makati Square Mall. A good 1 php higher than most currency exchangers and about 3.5 higher than the banks. Now would be a good time to cash in before the French Elections.

You can say "Merci" to that.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I transferred a few weeks ago and got 60.5 what a croc. Still maybe it will carry on up for the next time I have to send myself money.If I send to myself do I need a selfie stick?

virginprune
Posted
Posted

On XE it is 64 this morning. It is a nice upward trend for a while but I don't believe it will hit 70 again. Love to proved wrong on that one!

• Like 3

jrlee183
Posted
Posted

Would have been very interested to see how the Peso would have reacted had the Brexit Vote gone the other way.   Well above 70 would not have been out of the question me thinks!.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Yip. It looks like it's on the way up. I've got a tidy sum to exchange but it's a gamble. I'd been watching the market since the Brexit vote and had resigned myself to cashing in if it hit 63 php again. I've just looked and it's 64.14 php now.

I only transferred £2,000 yesterday so here's hoping it's still high next week. I think the banks know something is happening as the HSBC has been pretty poor recently. About 62.10 php to the pound but when I asked they offered me 63.10 php.