Core Pacific $ Changer New Rules

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Last month I went to Core Pacific in Tabunok and plop down $1000.00 and got my pesos and was on my merry way. Today was a tad different. I plopped down my $1000 and waited. The clerk said..ID sir. I said ID? Hmmmm good thing I just so happen to have my passport, so I passed it to here. I gave her my cash,she counted it and then handed me a form. I said..ok I just sign at bottom. She said No sir you need to fill out all the spaces. HUH? The form called for my name,address of where im staying, how much im changing and get this,,,what I will do with the money!!! I thought it was a joke and I ask her why we have to fill out this form now. I guess she has been hearing that questions all day because she got attitude and didn answer me. Gotta roll with the punches I guess.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The form is suppose to also ask, "source of funds." You are suppose to reply if private savings, pension, work related, etc. It is best not to argue or question. Just fill in the blanks. Not likely anyone will read it

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Sometimes you even have to list the serial number of each bill you are exchanging!  Same old same old!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In addition to listing the serial numbers, the bank requested for photo copies of the banknotes which I had to pay for using their copier equipment. I switched to authorized money changers.

• Like 2

SNAFU
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

Sometimes you even have to list the serial number of each bill you are exchanging!  Same old same old!

Yeah, they are often quirky. I once had a $50 bill they wouldn't even touch because it had an almost microscopic tear in one of the corners. Asawa handles any $ changing we might need by herself, I don't even know where she goes, heh! I trust, but verify...:shades:   

• Like 1

SNAFU
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, JJReyes said:

the bank requested for photo copies of the banknotes which I had to pay for using their copier equipment.

But...that's a little better than having to actually leave the bank to find copy services elsewhere, right?  :huh:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, SNAFU said:
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

the bank requested for photo copies of the banknotes which I had to pay for using their copier equipment.

But...that's a little better than having to actually leave the bank to find copy services elsewhere, right? 

Yes. I still don't understand why the bank needed copies since they were now in possession of my USD currency. I guess more paperwork means more personnel and therefore more employment.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Yes. I still don't understand why the bank needed copies since they were now in possession of my USD currency. I guess more paperwork means more personnel and therefore more employment.

I have often wondered if success in Philippine business is measured not by profitability but rather by how many people are employed.

• Like 2

russellmania
Posted
Posted

The Core Pacific in Ayala usually has 3 to 5 people in line most times I go there. Now the wait will be longer because everyone has to show ID and fill out the form and then stand there and count your bills before you walk away from the window.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I have often wondered if success in Philippine business is measured not by profitability but rather by how many people are employed.

Giving Impressions of a successful Business I would think :smile:

Jack:shades:

Morning all :morning1:

• Like 2