Pickpockets

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Capa said:

In all my pants pockets I have set mousetraps. Boy are those kids in for a surprise when they try to pickpocket me!

Corrective And Preventive Action, that's CAPA for you.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 5/1/2017 at 8:46 PM, Snowy79 said:

And for that reason if any of them had tried to rush in to help him they'd have been a whole can of whoop ass opened up. I'm not the smallest person out there. Just shy of 100kg and built like a rugby player. Ex Welsh champion and 3rd in Great Britain at Tae Kwon Do. When self survival kicks in there would have been bodies flying into shop windows if need be to allow me to escape. I'm sure the police would have been made more than aware of the commotion.

Snowy no doubt your quite able to handle a situation if a crowd of unruly kids start a rucas. 

What would concern me most is not the drove by shootings or what ever but the way the cops would react to a strong foreigner throwing kids around doing. Even knowing their young pick pockets and probably vandals to boot your chances of escaping charges could be very expensive indeed. I would hasten caution here and exercise all self control when these situations rise.

• Like 3

Capa
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Corrective And Preventive Action, that's CAPA for you.

Exactly right, thank you. I will be walking by one of the larger malls today where I know there are plenty of child and teenage street beggars. Wish me luck in catching some young fingers in my mousetraps! I will keep you posted.

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Capa said:

Exactly right, thank you. I will be walking by one of the larger malls today where I know there are plenty of child and teenage street beggars. Wish me luck in catching some young fingers in my mousetraps! I will keep you posted.

If the mouse traps fail get a wife like mine, her stare is enough for them not to approach.

Howard
Posted
Posted

Another thing to watch out for in Manila is always keep your backpack on your chest when on a jeep as they work in pairs too. The con is a girl will sit next to you and a guy next to her, while you are bouncing around on your journey she will move forward and he will reach behind her with a razor and cut your bag then grab whatever he can. It happened to me but I think he bumped me in the back during and even though I had no idea what was going on I started looking that way so I guess they stopped, but when I got off the jeep I saw that I had a big cut in my bag but nothing was taken. Growing up in the city I thought I had seen it all but they are very slick and resourceful here. Be careful out there!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Capa said:

Yeah lets us know how you prevent them from going off once in your pocket :no:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Mouse traps won't work for me.  I tell the ladies to help themselves, "No not that pocket the on with a hole in it"  usually they scurry away.

Capa
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It was a hoot! Several broken fingers on beggars ranging in age from 6 to 13!

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Capa said:

It was a hoot! Several broken fingers on beggars ranging in age from 6 to 13

You are a lucky man.  For me, I'd see some hot looking Filipina and get a rise going on.  Unfortunately, I've still got enough libido to get my "mouse" caught in my own trap.  

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Wear oxford Bags of course :whistling:

oxford bags.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1