Orchids in my garden

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/16/2017 at 5:09 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I don`t need cow poo though I have fertilizer.

I have a feeling it was not meant to be bring your own . :mocking:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi Queenie I have no photos but I have managed to get some Orchids,the wide leaf variety,I paid 100 peso for 3 different colours I also bought some lillies which were 30 peso each.Some people sell them in the market and I just have to be patient.Hopefully they will be as good as yours heres hoping.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Hi Queenie I have no photos but I have managed to get some Orchids,the wide leaf variety,I paid 100 peso for 3 different colours I also bought some lillies which were 30 peso each.Some people sell them in the market and I just have to be patient.Hopefully they will be as good as yours heres hoping.

Thanks! Keep us posted SonJack!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Thanks! Keep us posted SonJack!

I will I don`t take photos as it takes too much space on the PC along with all the selfies of her and Diana.Gotta love em 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I forgot to tell you, our Ginger is 3 feet high now and we have lemon bushes and tomatoes which are doing well I have also planted Kalimansi and the Avocado plants are about 10 inches tall.

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 9/27/2017 at 8:54 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I forgot to tell you, our Ginger is 3 feet high now and we have lemon bushes and tomatoes which are doing well I have also planted Kalimansi and the Avocado plants are about 10 inches tall.

That's great SonJack!. All the rain that we've been having in Cebu, seems to have really been a growth boost to our citrus plants too.:smile:

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 5/18/2017 at 10:17 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Found these as I was searching Something, Any use to you?

http://purificacionorchids.com/index.php/growing_tips

http://www.bhg.com/gardening/houseplants/projects/easy-to-grow-orchids/

Jack--was just going through this post again, and not sure if I had thanked you for these references! Any new orchid enthusiasts here could get some great simple tips from these. Thanks! :smile:

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/27/2017 at 8:54 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Kev how do you grow the ginger, from cuttings or seeds. Luv give it a try.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 10/2/2017 at 11:27 AM, Queenie O. said:

Hi Queenie,

I asked you a question on orchids on another post, but do you think I could remember which one it was - No.

Our two Orchids are in small pots on hangers near the front door.  Well under cover and get no direct sun, with good cool breeze often.  I just read one of the 2 links Jack sent you on Orchids, the other was 'not available'.

They are just little clay pots and the Orchids seem to be going well so far, 2 new flowers, lovely purples and white.  Wife very happy.  How often should I water, read not to overwater?  What do you use to fertilise Orchids?

All help gratefully received.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I asked you a question on orchids on another post, but do you think I could remember which one it was - No.

• Like 1