Phil Health Price Increase

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Read yesterday that Phil Health will increase from 2400P p.a. to 15kp.a. effective 1.7.17, a large increase.  I could not establish whether that would include increased benefits, anyone have any more news on this?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

Read yesterday that Phil Health will increase from 2400P p.a. to 15kp.a. effective 1.7.17, a large increase.  I could not establish whether that would include increased benefits, anyone have any more news on this?

Yes, a large benefit increase - for PhilHealth, but not for us.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I was of the view that if we were with a Filipino, we received the same benefits?  Not married, common law wife status I would assume?

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Yes, a large benefit increase - for PhilHealth, but not for us.

Could you share your insights pls?

Cheers, Steve.

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have heard of the price increase for the single foreigner. I do not know if a filipina can add her foreigner spouse at a low rate, it could go either way.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The last info I was able to find was this directive from PhilHealth.

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circulars/2017/circ2017-0003.pdf

It indicates the rate is 15K for holders of the SSRV, and 17K for non-SSRV foreigners.  Your spouse and children under age 21 are covered under the policy.  I do not know if a common law spouse would be covered.  I think benefits are same across the board except the "Z Benefit" is no longer available for foreigners.  Even at the 17K it is cheap insurance even if the benefits are not so great.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, robert k said:

I have heard of the price increase for the single foreigner. I do not know if a filipina can add her foreigner spouse at a low rate, it could go either way.

Unfortunately, a Philippine citizen cannot add a foreign spouse.  Foreign citizens have to get their own account at the higher rate.

Edited by Mike J
Clarify
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mike J said:

a Philippine citizen cannot add a foreign spouse.  Foreign citizens have to get their own account at the higher rate.

On new Accounts yes but from What is written as I understand it and Certainly my Wife's company Secretary, existing accounts are not affected 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

On new Accounts yes but from What is written as I understand it and Certainly my Wife's company Secretary, existing accounts are not affected 

That would be good news indeed.:thumbsup:  Now I just need to make sure my wife does not allow the policy to lapse. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

One of my best friends went to the PhilHealth office in Robinson's Mall to ask them how much truth there is in all this.  The reply he says they gave is:  "Come back and ask in June as no one is able to confirm that it will happen for sure."

• Like 2