Phil Health Price Increase

davewe
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, robert k said:

I guess if you are married and don't mind filing/ letting the Philippine government into your finances, you could be a driver or household help if you had a 13A. Make sure you pay your SSS! Not sure I would be down with that, just to get coverage for a ward and save $300 USD.

Everyone will find the right thing to do for themselves just as water finds it's own level.

Agreed. I wouldn't change my life just to save the $300 but if for example, your wife already has a small business, you might qualify. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
Just now, davewe said:

Agreed. I wouldn't change my life just to save the $300 but if for example, your wife already has a small business, you might qualify. 

I could see that if you were an employee, drawing a salary and paying taxes and SSS from that salary. Otherwise I think you may slip through the cracks or you may slip through the cracks until you get the Kano treatment, which may happen if you try to use it. I would count on being scrutinized when it becomes more than just accepting my payment and a heck of a time to find out of you are wrong.:89:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Until there is a permanent President and CEO of PhilHealth and poorly worded circular which created more questions than answers is rescinded or gets the missing details added, I am not counting on anyone at PhilHealth to know the answers because the full policy has not been released yet.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
quokkadane
Posted
Posted

I was in hospital in Tacloban in December 2016.  My bill came to 102,000 peso in total and Philhealth paid 53,000 peso of that amount.  I still see Philhealth as good deal even with the new premiums of 15,000 peso annually for a SRRV holder.  I was previously in hospital in Cebu in November /December 2013 - 7 weeks and the bill came to just over 1 milion peso - my private Philippine health coverage company - just decided not to pay out 1 peso [ they believed foreigners have lots of cash and should pay it in full with out a claim. PhilHealth is a good deal and certainly more reliable than the private companies with their high premiums.

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, quokkadane said:

my private Philippine health coverage company - just decided not to pay out 1 peso

Which health coverage company was that? Such unreliable companies have to be avoided. Wad you not be able to go against them?

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted

We are being given conflicting information about the Phil Health current fee structure for expats who were previous members before 30 June 2016.

We were informed that the new fee of Ps 17K was rolled back to the original fee were you a member before the above date.

I had paid for a quarter prior to this reversal and initially was told when it was announced that my contribution could be rolled over as advance payment.

We were also informed that a meeting last November would clarify the extent of the cover etc etc. This meeting apparently never took place nor has it happened since.

We contacted PH this week and were told the roll back approval was still pending and that we would be required to pay another quarter at the increased fee whilst the matter was resolved.

Could someone advise on what exactly is the state of play with PH.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Which health coverage company was that? Such unreliable companies have to be avoided. Wad you not be able to go against them?

Unless you could get a no win no fee lawyer it would be quite fruitless to try to take an insurance company to task they would just swamp you with paperwork and in the end you would have to give up as maybe your money runs out.Maybe there is such a thing as an ombudsman or some government body which will talk to them.

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Unless you could get a no win no fee lawyer it would be quite fruitless to try to take an insurance company to task they would just swamp you with paperwork and in the end you would have to give up as maybe your money runs out.Maybe there is such a thing as an ombudsman or some government body which will talk to them.

But it would be still good to know which company was that. Just to avoid such crap companies. Better to avoid these than to fight against them later.

Edited by Dr. Shiva
  • Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

But it would be still good to know which company was that. Just to avoid such crap companies. Better to avoid these than to fight against them later.

Yes I agree with you on that.

• Like 1