Manchester Suicide Bomber, England.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

This dirtbag was already known to the police to be a threat. 

Yes he was but the police have had their hands tied as on so many other occasions.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Regarding the 22 year old suicide bomber. He was not a refugee. 

Suicide bombers are Muslims who have been radicalised ( brainwashed). They strongly believe that what they are doing is for religious purposes. Some are women, some are children. We read where some people joining ISIS are foreigners who are or were not Muslims. 

It is almost impossible to detect who is an "extremist" and who is not. 

We have Muslim neighbours here in Davao City. My stepson has Muslim friends in school. My wife worked with Muslim physicians. 

OH and just in over television CNN Philippines. DAVAO CITY HAS BEEN PLACED ON "HIGH ALERT" effective immediately.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

He was not a refugee. 

No but he was the child of refugees Gratefuled. That is one of the arguments against letting in all the refugees.

12 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Almost impossible, but there are many tell tales. I point to pictures of these "extremists" that have been shown after such attacks in the past. Almost all have long unkempt beards (as in keeping with ultra ultra orthodox  Islamic teaching. Unless they are an American Amish  or an orthodox Jewish tourist (but they wear sideburn curls) , or a member of ZZ tops fan club. It might be a safe bet that they are a very religious Muslim and therefore "might" be susceptible to radicalization.

But to do anything about them would require "profiling" and once that starts the media will go after what ever official orders it with a vengeance.

That is one of the drawbacks of democratic societies, leaders will rarely make a hard unpopular decision that might effect their next reelection.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Unless they are an American Amish  or an orthodox Jewish tourist (but they wear sideburn curls) , or a member of ZZ tops fan club.

You have to be careful of those bearded Amish extremists. They should be put on watchlists. They are known to terrorize the world with their dairy products.

That is one of the drawbacks of democratic societies, leaders will rarely make a hard unpopular decision that might effect their next reelection.

Which is why democracy will not last once Muslims are a large enough part of the population. Islam isn't just a religion, it is a political system. Many of the verses in the Koran are of a political nature. Once there are enough voting Muslims, secular liberal democracy is finished.

And that is just reality.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Regarding the 22 year old suicide bomber. He was not a refugee. 

Suicide bombers are Muslims who have been radicalised ( brainwashed). They strongly believe that what they are doing is for religious purposes. Some are women, some are children. We read where some people joining ISIS are foreigners who are or were not Muslims. 

We have Muslim neighbours here in Davao City. My stepson has Muslim friends in school. My wife worked with Muslim physicians. 

OH and just in over television CNN Philippines. DAVAO CITY HAS BEEN PLACED ON "HIGH ALERT" effective immediately.

He came to the UK 10 years ago so he was a refugee as were his family.I have nothing against Muslims but the governments have been letting refugees in and they are causing problems.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

He came to the UK 10 years ago so he was a refugee as were his family.I have nothing against Muslims but the governments have been letting refugees in and they are causing problems.

MANCHESTER, England/LONDON (Reuters) - The suspected suicide bomber who killed 22 people at a concert in Manchester, northern England, on Monday has been identified as 22-year-old Salman Abedi, British police said.

Abedi was born in Manchester in 1994 to parents of Libyan birth, U.S. security officials said, citing British intelligence officials. Prime Minister Theresa May confirmed Abedi was born and brought up in Britain.

His parents emigrated from Libya to London before moving to the Fallowfield area of south Manchester, where they have lived for at least 10 years, the U.S. officials said.

So, he was NOT a refugee and neither were his parents.

They emigrated 10 years ago.

There is a difference.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

He was not a refugee. 

No but he was the child of refugees Gratefuled. That is one of the arguments against letting in all the refugees.

1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Again, he was born in England and his parents were not refugees. They emigrated legally.

MANCHESTER, England/LONDON (Reuters) - The suspected suicide bomber who killed 22 people at a concert in Manchester, northern England, on Monday has been identified as 22-year-old Salman Abedi, British police said.

Abedi was born in Manchester in 1994 to parents of Libyan birth, U.S. security officials said, citing British intelligence officials. Prime Minister Theresa May confirmed Abedi was born and brought up in Britain.

His parents emigrated from Libya to London before moving to the Fallowfield area of south Manchester, where they have lived for at least 10 years, the U.S. officials said.

I'm not defending him or his actions just noting the difference between a refugee and someone who enters the country legally by being emigrated. 

By the way, I am against allowing so many refugees into a country. Especially now when extremism is at an all time high.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Again, he was born in England and his parents were not refugees. They emigrated legally.

I'm not defending him or his actions just noting the difference between a refugee and someone who enters the country legally by being emigrated. 

By the way, I am against allowing so many refugees into a country. Especially now when extremism is at an all time high.

Unfortunately ED there conflicting stories on the media.Maybe we will get the real story in a few days.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Especially now when extremism is at an all time high.

I heard a report that his parents were political refugee immigrants, sorry don't have anything written.

Either way, another report, again just heard it on TV so have no link to refer you to,  is that this young man took to wearing the beard, Islamic/Arab cloths, and with drawing from "normal" society. Referring to my post number 33, this to me would be a clear cut case where "profiling" is called for.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

So, he was NOT a refugee and neither were his parents.

They emigrated 10 years ago.

There is a difference.

Makes no difference when they shout "Allahu Akbar" and press the button. That is the common thread, whether they be refugees, ordinary Muslim immigrants, their children, or native born. 

• Like 4