Discussion of President Duterte's declaration of "Martial Law" in Mindanao.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

According to the BBC tonight DU30 is eyeing nationwide martial law.

I have heard him say that it may be extended to the Visayas but not completely nationwide.Maybe he said that later.But at least he is doing something.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

As of last night, Davao City was just on "high alert". No martial law as yet. No curfew, no soldiers patrolling the streets on foot or in vehicles. 

It may change today with the ongoing problem in Malawi where Islamic terrorists are raising the black flag everywhere and sporadic gunfire well into the night. This is according to television coverage on GMA News Channel 11.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Last night's CNNPhilippines stated that President Duterte is expecting martial law in Mindanao to last at least a year.

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

As of last night, Davao City was just on "high alert". No martial law as yet

President Duterte just declared "Martial Law" in Mindanao. Is what we are Told. So as Davao is on Mindanao it follows does it not, that Martial Law is there for as and when needed to be stepped up. or am I not understanding something Scratching Head.jpg

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

President Duterte just declared "Martial Law" in Mindanao. Is what we are Told. So as Davao is on Mindanao it follows does it not, that Martial Law is there for as and when needed to be stepped up. or am I not understanding something Scratching Head.jpg

I seem to remember reading something about it being 10 pm yesterday.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Since my wife decided a couple of months ago to spend this coming Christmas back home Mindanao, I have had an uneasy feeling of accompanying her.

Where in Mindanao is the question. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The jungle drums have already started with some of the locals I know. I've been contacted by a friend who assures me that some terrorists have been fleeing in her direction. I'll not add to the jungle drums but just say stay safe out there. It makes sense that some of them are going to flee to areas where they can re-group. 

If my time is up then so be it. I'll not change my routine too much but one concern would be what happens to our money in the banks if Martial Law goes nationwide? Does anyone know how foreigners were affected last time? Property, visas etc? Might be best for a separate thread.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

jpbago
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The president just said in an address that it may be extended.

He is waiting on a delivery of guided missiles from Russia. Soon after that, martial law will be lifted.

Filipinos love firecrackers, right? :boom:

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Where in Mindanao is the question. 

JGF,

lligan is a place I have visited a number of occasions, Davao and  Samal island on one holiday, hope that answers your question :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
Notice spelling mistake