Discussion of President Duterte's declaration of "Martial Law" in Mindanao.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That's interesting as the army check points have all but disappeared. I went out of town yesterday and no ID check on return!

robert k
Posted
Posted

Someone pulled their head out and realized that you can't just push them to someplace else. Up until now it appears that if you were a terrorist that it was more dangerous crossing the street than being in a battle with the government, great for recruiting. General Mattis in the US said, we are not going to let you go home. He also said the plan was to kill them all. As the old saying goes, It may not determine who is right? But it will determine who is LEFT! I am glad that leaders have finally decided to break eggs although that may be too little too late, now. We may have to go full Mongol. It wouldn't be difficult. Exact a punishment so horrible that fathers would turn in their own terrorist sons rather than face the punishment again. Some would say I'm a cruel man to contemplate such things but really I have a soft heart, I'm just tired of brooking such nonsense. Do you know that China EDITED the Koran? China told muslims that they could have the state edited version of the Koran....or none at all. Muslims accepted the edited version. I could care less about religion, but it's about imposing laws I don't want my children to have to live under unless they do so voluntarily. I am good with whatever it takes to put an end to it for a few hundred years then the lesson may have to be refreshed.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

hi guys

dont know if the link is allowed but there appears to be a new warning on Mindano ,this loos like its from today

MANILA, Philippines - Western governments are warning its citizens against traveling to nearly all Mindanao, citing the rising threats of terror attacks and kidnappings by Islamist militants.

Fresh alerts from Britain, Canada and Australia were released this week after President Duterte extended military rule across Mindanao until the end of the year to combat the militants.

The Canadian advisory on Monday warned against visiting any part of Mindanao except for Davao, the biggest city in the south. 

“There is a serious risk of terrorist attacks and kidnappings in this region,” the Canadian government said, adding that people should only visit if it was essential.

Mindanao, home to 20 million people, has endured decades of conflict, with Muslim separatists and communists waging deadly rebellions. It is also where the bandit Abu Sayyaf runs a lucrative kidnap-for-ransom operation.

Western governments have long advised against traveling to parts of Mindanao, but the fresh alerts are more extensive as they warn against visiting almost the whole region.

Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

The British government advisory, released on Tuesday, warned terrorists were “very likely” to carry out attacks anywhere in the Philippines, including Manila. It said the most acute threat was in the south and warned against traveling through nearly all of Mindanao.

The British advisory said the threat of kidnappings and terrorism also loomed over Dumaguete City and nearby Siquijor island, both tourist areas.