Casaroro falls Valencia Dumaguete.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

We went to this place on Friday with my friends from Cebu.It started off ok and we all managed to get down the 300+ steps.Then it took a turn for the worse.Most of the walkways have been washed away.We had to climb over rocks with my 5 year old daughter,still not too bad as she seemed more able than the rest of us.We got within ,I guess, 100m from the falls and we had to cross a river.There was no rope or bridge to get across and we had already been told by some other tourists that we had to cross the river twice.My friend,he is 44YO,tried it out and said to me the flow is taking my legs.I think us 2 could have gotten over safely but the wives and my daughter no chance.

My advice is don`t even bother unless you are very agile fit and steady on your feet.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I don't know how popular this tourist site is Kev, but this is typical of what we encountered similar levels of facilities on our tour some 12 months ago.  

Surely they can build foot bridges and have steps in sound condition, hopefully then attracting more visitors to this site?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, scott h said:

You would think Mogo, I used to wonder also. about 20 years ago we took our nieces to a new water park. Really great, on our next visit we went again, a little dirtier, a little less well maintained. A few years later we again went. Rides were not working, fountains out or order, Nipa huts dirty and musty smelling. About 12 years after we first went the place was out of business. Seemed plain crazy to me as the first few times we went there were lots of people paying to use it.

After we moved here I made friends with several business types and started asking questions. Seems that these type of ventures are funded by groups of investors. Say 6 or 7 guys putting up a couple of million pesos. They want their investments back plus a profit. They really are not concerned with long term income but say a 10 percent return and move on. They don't plow 5 percent back in for maintenance so the place returns for years.

Onse you move here, keep an eye open for new condo projects, after a few years the paint is peeling, amenities don't work etc, etc.

Just my observations

I have no doubt this is a correct analogy Scott.  It is quite similar here in Thailand of course, paint is not a big seller within the Thai community!  

Dave and others have offered the same views to me in other posts.  We are actually moving into a 'resort' (an abused word in Asia) that also has an area for long term residency.  Would you believe in an 'upmarket' but not 'executive' type accommodation, there was no hot water in the shower!  

We seem to be rather lucky, as we have  Doctor/Dentist owners and they have agreed to install one in upstairs shower!  I just have to make sure they 'earth' it.

All part of life in Phils, I have all this in front of me.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I don't know how popular this tourist site is Kev, but this is typical of what we encountered similar levels of facilities on our tour some 12 months ago.  

Surely they can build foot bridges and have steps in sound condition, hopefully then attracting more visitors to this site?

With all the bamboo around Ron they don`t really have a excuse.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here are some pictures which will give some idea of what it is like

casaroro_falls_018.JPGcasaroro_falls_014.JPGcasaroro_falls_013.JPGcasaroro_falls_019.JPG

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
aligned images, drag and drop
  • Like 5